Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edie, Bronwyne, and I are on top of it. We may need help with pulling her from the Baldwin Shelter, and transporting to my house, or work.

Here's her very sad story:

Fluffy was an "owner turn in" today at Baldwin Park. Her former horrid human literally dumped and RAN. He left a note saying "this is Fluffy, please put her to sleep".
Fluffy is a horribly neglected Maltese we believe, lived outside and is severely matted, she is a sweet heart of a female. She's had a beyond a super rough life. All of us at the shelter broke down in tears - the matting is so heavy the pain must be extreme. She also has a very bad eye infection in both eyes, dermatitis and flea allergies. One matted clump formed around her mouth making it impossible for her to drink properly. God only knows how she made it through this assault.
I personally have never seen such a gross example of horrid neglect. Fluffy will visit the outside vet and have her matted clumps sheared off with sedation to shield her from further pain. She was placed on antibiotics immediately.
There is no way of telling her age because of this awful neglect. Maybe she is 10...not sure but we must rally and give her at minimum a better ending then the existence she has endured. Through all her pain and infection, her tail wags and she is so sweet, she is yearning for kindness. Proof again how dogs are supreme beings.

Here's our sweet little fluffy. Isn't she beautiful. I love her already.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
OMG, Deb! That is one of the worst pictures I have seen. I pray you can get this girl out.

Ten years old????? Seniors should be treasured and pampered, not neglected and discarded.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG, Deb! That is one of the worst pictures I have seen. I pray you can get this girl out.

Ten years old????? Seniors should be treasured and pampered, not neglected and discarded.
When Edie called me and read her story, we both cried.

I know with love, and care, she will blossom. Just like my Daisy did. :wub:

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
:crying 2::crying 2: Oh Deb, this is so horrible. I'm praying that Fluffy can come through this and have some chance at happiness. To imagine she could wag her tail after being treated that way. Isn't it ironic that we call our sweeties fluffs and here you are coming in with Bronwyn and Edie to save this very special Fluff-y. How do people live with themselves? :angry:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
That's one of the saddest pictures I've ever seen. I don't even know what to say.
Please keep us posted.
:smcry:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
OMG, just seeing her makes me so sick to my stomach, how can anyone do something like this to a poor little baby. It seems like we are seeing more of this and seems is it getting worse, or is it me. Just seems like the poor babies are being abused more and each case a little worse than the other. Thank you all for being there and hopefully she can have a little dignity and love in her life from here on out. I will say prayers for her.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
This is beyond being heartless. Poor Fluffy......she will florish at your house. I hope her eye infections will clear up.....Please Deb, keep us informed.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
The poor baby. Deb and Eddie are such Angels.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yep, that gutless worm. I would like to kick some ass right about now.
You said that so much nicer than I ever could. I pray that you guys are able to get her!!

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
There's a special place in hades reserved for her abuser!

Deb, I know she will have a wonderful time with you and your gang.

Linda

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
This is horrible! The "owner" is lower then whale crap.

It's little one's like this the Challenge prize money would help. But for some reason beyond me, our members cannot take the of 2 minutes time on a daily basis to vote for one of our Maltese Rescue groups. The next Challenge starts May 17 - we will have a third chance to make a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
May the owner end up in a horrible Nursing Home and in the same condition with no one to rescue him.
Bob and I are just sick about this.
Hugs Deb!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I pray she lives.....and even thrives. The treatment she went through was totally uncalled for, he could have turned her in years ago.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Completely horrifying. I can't believe loving animals suffer like this at the hands of their would-be caregivers. It is appalling. I'm so glad she is in good hands now and I hope she can have some true happiness in whatever time she has left.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts