Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local Rescue, H.A.N.D.D.S., just got two tiny Maltese from an Amish Puppy Mill Auction in Ohio.
One 3 year old that had a c-section and could not produce anymore.
One 5 year old that under such stress ate her new born pups.

Throw away tiny girls that need a loving home and were so fortunate to have our local Rescue there, on the spot, to bring them back to Michigan.

I am so furious and sad tonight but so happy these two can now find love and compassion.

Bless the Rescue people!!!

Marsha

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Where in Ohio? That's so horrible?
A puppy mill auction,wow never knew they did that... Lucky those poor babies were just killed by the millers.
I'm so glad they're safe,I hope those mills get shut down soon and forever!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I just had some one on my Facebook comment on this..
This is the comment...:unsure:

"Linda Bale I hate this but my question is when it's a puppy it's a crime and when it's a baby it's a choice?"

This is exactly WHY this is still going on,people don't get it!!!!!:angry:

Sorry but this was truly an ignorant comment...:w00t:

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I have heard of these auctions. :angry: I'm in the midwest. I've heard of Sat morning auctions where dogs are sold for five dollars. Those auctioneers on that video made me sick. I hope they burn in **** for eternity.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Michelle, I am glad you posted the site.
Bob and I are just sick about these poor little girls but even worse for the ones that were sold for breeding stock and did not make it into rescue.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh my goodness :crying: Do these people have NO heart?! I can't believe what I am seeing. Money really is the root of all evil...cause that is all I was seeing in that video, just evil and greed. :( Bless those of you who rescue these precious souls!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I know that poor beagle sold for $10 will be bred until she dies....
I bawled through the whole video....

I guess now people really know how most Amish make their money,not by farming and furniture making...but from puppy mills!

They won't fight for their country,but enjoy the benefits,they violate child labour laws on construction sites ( I have family in construction who tell me terrible things about 4 year olds picking up nails and putting them into buckets)and they do this to animals!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I know that poor beagle sold for $10 will be bred until she dies....
I bawled through the whole video....

I guess now people really know how most Amish make their money,not by farming and furniture making...but from puppy mills!

They won't fight for their country,but enjoy the benefits,they violate child labour laws on construction sites ( I have family in construction who tell me terrible things about 4 year olds picking up nails and putting them into buckets)and they do this to animals!
I cried through the video too. The thought of a poor momma eating her young due to stress haunted me through the night. :( I will not support anything Amish here. They have a furniture store here. Beautiful furniture I guess, but, I will never support them. Yes, I have actually seen their children working on job sites. I'm all about teaching children the value of a dollar. But, that's unsafe. Young children have no business on a construction job site nor working around farm equipment.

Michelle, a lobbyist for the millers/commercial breeders here tried to pass a law that states dogs are deemed as livestock. (Like what we saw in the video.) The executive director of our Animal Rescue League hired a lobbyist and worked hard to fight it. Our governor at the time, Vilsack...now Secretary of Agriculture... did not pass it. So, to my knowledge, these types of auctions are not legal here. (The $5.00 auction I mentioned earlier is a regular "sale barn" Sat morning auction where dogs are sold as pets.) Still sad...but, not as bad as this video. Is this legal in your state?!!!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Yes I'm disgusted to say it is. Ohio is rural and backwoods enough as it is...notice how some of those millers weren't Amish but they know where to get cheap breeding stock.

I don't think livestock should be treated this way either,let alone dogs...

And Amish do look at dogs as lifestock,they feel animals were put on this earth for us to use as we please...

My family is in all aspects of construction and they get underbid by Amish that use children to work on construction sites,long days,dangerous conditions. Children are little more than cattle themselves in Amish homes...

People who don't live near them,have no idea. They see no moral conflict in ripping off the "English".

They borrow money for a house they can easily pay cash for so it has a mortgage,therefore they have to keep the electricity..Once it's paid off they're expected to do w/o it...

A boy reaches 16 he can buy a car which they all will ride in,but when he's 18 and considered a man,he has to sell it...until then it's hidden on the back of the property...

I have a friend who's a nurse practitioner and also serves as a midwife to the Amish,she can tell some stories....

That's why we don't buy anything Amish made,though much of it is made in China w/ an Amish made label on it....

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will try to post some pictures in the next day or two. Both will be up for adoption after being fostered for a bit and I hope find wonderful homes. They need love and kindness, a snuggy bed, good food and an owner to show them the dignity and love that they so deserve.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I will try to post some pictures in the next day or two. Both will be up for adoption after being fostered for a bit and I hope find wonderful homes. They need love and kindness, a snuggy bed, good food and an owner to show them the dignity and love that they so deserve.
We can't wait to see them. We'll be praying for their future to be so much brighter that their horrible past.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went to an auction in Ohio a few years ago with some friends with a rescue group. Its a social event for them, have food vendors, the whole nine yards and they are now aware that a lot of people there are with rescues. They plant shills in the audience to bid up the dogs so the rescues have to pay more for them.

I think it was Missouri where they passed a law to ban puppymills and now they had a referendum to recall that law.

The sad fact is that this will not stop as long as people keep buying that adorable puppy from the pet store in the mall. Its supply and demand.

A lot of our customers will tell me that they just got a new puppy and when I ask where they got it from, they tell me the pet store in the mall:angry:

They are also the ones that call me 6 months later and tell me how sick the puppy is/was.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Disgusted

OMG! this makes me so ANGRY! how can do this? these people have NO hearts:angry::angry:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts