Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate you all with your advice regarding my past posts. In just a week Vanilla has had her anal glands expressed for the first time and is being treated for a bladder infection. I was informed from the vet to stop her antibiotics for 2 full days becuase it was causing diahrea . I just re-started them yesterday and she does not have diahrea but she has very soft stools and the worst gas. I think she's uncomfortable with the gas cause she runs underneath the table to hide. I have been exhausted the past several days between washing her bottom, washing the floors, washing her bedding, blankets, etc. I have no idea why the gas now??? I bought her plain organic yogourt today and also apple cider vinegar which was kindly reccommned by the fellow readers on this board. I can't wait til she's better !

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I'm sorry you're going through this right now with Vanilla. Hopefully she will be back to her normal self soon.

The gas is probably from the antibiotics, or her food depending on what you feed her. I feed Orijen 6 Fresh Fish and mine have stinky farts sometimes. :blush:

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Would your vet be able to give you a different antibiotic that might agree with her better? Do put her on some probiotics after though to help replenish the good bacteria in her system. And be careful with the yogurt - not all dogs can handle dairy and it could cause more stomach upset. So if this is your first time giving it to her you might wait until she's back to normal to try it out so you can know if it agrees with her or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts