Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to give your Maltese diced hot dogs (in moderation, of course, because I know they’re high in sodium) I know a lot of people who give their dogs hot dogs. If it’s safe I was thinking about dicing some and using it as a motivator for training, they would be soft enough as Sugarplum only has eight teeth. She is turning more and more into a pet dog! (She was rescued from a puppy mill almost a year ago and I adopted her.) Just the other day I was eating McDonald’s (I know, not healthy) and I accidentally dropped a fry on the floor, and she made a run for it and got it before I could! So she now knows what human food is and she has taken a liking to it. I gotta watch her closer now!

·
Super Moderator
10,184 Posts
Rather than high fat/sodium foods, have you tried carrots cut into tiny pieces? My girls loved those! You can also find tiny "training treats" at good pet stores. My favorites are from Coco Therapy and are called Coco-charms. They are made with coconut and organic fruits like blueberry and pumpkin.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s an idea; I could buy diced frozen (so there’s no added sodium) carrots and cook them.

·
Super Moderator
9,692 Posts
All sorts of raw veggies and fruit work. Carrots, Green Beans, Apples, Red Bell Peppers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts