Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe MalteseJane mentioned this in another post but I wanted to make it more visible and also I read this in the newspaper in the "People's Pharmacy" column today. Here is what it says:

"Q: ...... Recently she read in your column about a remedy for itchy spots on dogs....... What is the remedy?"

"A: The remedy is one part Listerine, one part baby oil and one part water sprayed on the itchy spots The herbal oils in Listerine might have some antifungal or anti bacterial activity. Chronic itching might be the result of an allergic reaction. Changing to a hypoallergenic dog food may help."

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Jolie has problem with itchy spots. If I don't watch them, they'll turn to a hot spot in no time flat. I will gladly try this remedy. Thanks

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I do a lot of rescue work, so get a little bit of everything here. There is a product called NuStock that can be purchased from a farm supply store for around ten dollars. It will stop the itching, as well as dry up the hot spot in one or two applications. I've used it for a variety of things, including ear mites and sarcoptic mange with great success. I've never put it on one of my Maltese though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts