Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My wife and I adopted an adorable little boy puppy. He wasn't taken care of, is almost 8 months old and Pees everywhere. It's hard to believe this pup isn't house broken. Every puppy we have ever owned was house broken by now. Anyway, I was hoping I could get some advice as to the bets way to house break these babies.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I should have posted this in the training forum. I would move it if I knew how. Anyway, I've been doing alot of reading on this subject and thought I would add some info. We have an 8 year old schitzu mix who was easy to train. Has slept in our bed her whole life. I have a feeling the Maltese will be more difficult. He has pee pads and uses them sometimes. We are feeling just a little overwhelmed, not sure where to begin.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So this is what I have been told but I have no clue if it will work because I work full time and I am relying on others in my home who don’t seem to be helping me but I was told to pick a specific spot outside for him and then there are speci times to take him out consistently to that spot. I assume on a leash. When he wakes from a nap, when you Finish playing with him, and 30 minute after he is done eating. My boy, thank goodness is almost 4 months old and I guess I would say he is 99.99% pee paid trained. I just wish I could get him trained for outside. I know it will happen someday.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Have you tried Crate training your 8 Month old Puppy??? That seems to be the best method that I have had success with all of my Puppies that we have had over the past 50+ years. Our latest little Puppy, does seem to go out in the same general area when we take her out but does go in other areas outside as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts