Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who made resolutions for 2011, how's it going?

My resolution for 2011 was to finally get rid of all my excess fluff I have put on in the past 18 years and keep it off. So far I have lost almost 10 lbs since 12/31. I have slacked in the exercising dept, but done very well on the eating part. I still have a long way to go and hopefully by the end of this year I will have reached my goal weight and be in a lot better shape!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That's wonderful Laura!!! DH and I have started working out and eating better. Of course, that's bad in a way because he lost 4 pounds right away and I gained 2! (he told me its all muscle but I don't believe him!) ;)

I try to run on the treadmill every-other-day for about 45 minutes (or 3.25 miles...I am slow!)

I have been slacking with the weight training though....

·
Premium Member
17,468 Posts
Thanks Laura for the prompting.
Yesterday I bit my lip a couple of times (I am practicing listening and not being defensive). Even my husband noticed though (when I was chastised by my daughter for not drinking my water). He mentioned it on our walk today! So maybe, just maybe, I am getting in some practice. Okay, so part of my lip is missing. . .

·
Premium Member
17,468 Posts
PS: Good for you Laura! That is amazing 10 lbs already. You can be proud of yourself too!

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
It seems everyone is on track! My resolutions were to (1) walk Hunter each week even when its really cold (2) eat at least one balanced meal a day (3) go to bed before 11 at least 3 nights per week (4) read for leisure for 15 minutes before bed each night and (5) not get more than 2 weeks behind in my ironing.

So far I am doing good with everything but its only January 10th so we shall have to see. I am really committed this year to finding a better balance between work and family life (hard since I run my own firm but I am going to suceed!). Congrats on everyone working hard to put their bodies in better shape - I am sure you will all succeed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts