Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a king size bed which DH, Lacie, Tilly and I used to share.

DH has always been very "active" while he sleeps and literally destroys all the bed covers and thrashes about during the night. During our 27 years of marriage, I have always found that I have about a foot at the very edge of the mattress to call my own and that the rest of the bed is his. :w00t:

Now, I'm a very light sleeper and don't move around much at all during sleeping. I can get up in the morning and just barely touch the covers and the bed is completely remade for the day. :thumbsup:

It was about 2 years ago that DH's health caused him to move back to the Phoenix area, so since then the girls and I have shared the king size bed. Until a couple of weeks ago when Secret arrived, it was just me, Lacie and Tilly on the bed.

I started out by trying to sleep in the middle of the king size bed. That hasn't seemed to work too well. Tilly sleeps in the crook of my knees. Lacie sleeps at my feet and now Secret sleeps on the pillow next to my head. All together I have 3 fluffs. One weighs 10-11 lbs, one weighs 6 lbs and one weighs 4 lbs.

So I ask you -- why do I only have the same amount of space (on the edge of the mattress) that I did when my 200 lbs DH was also sleeping in the bed? :smilie_tischkante::smilie_tischkante:

I don't understand how such small fluffs can take up so much room on the king size bed. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
That's what I've got here too.....the very edge of the bed. I have a queen size bed and Stan sleeps downstairs most all the time. And because once in a while he'll come upstairs, I feel obligated to my side, but Abbey and Ava are such snugglers :wub:....I can barely roll over without disturbing all of them.

Oh and another thing, I have a bedspread instead of a comforter - but somehow I end up being covered by just the skirt of the bedspread and not the comfy warm top part!!:w00t: ....how could I wake the kids just so I can get warm? :blink:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
I have a double and there's not enough room... Jodi usually sleeps across the bed, at my shoulder, his bottom of course facing me. Which means he is stretched out taking up half the bed. Sometimes he is curled in a ball at the same location, and sometimes we both have our heads on the same pillow (kinda cute, how could I get mad at that?). I'm usually on a diagonal and if I say "over" he'll get up and move a couple of inches.

·
Registered
892 Posts
LOL Lynn, I think the answer to your question from most of us will be "My bed is not big enough!" :HistericalSmiley:

Lola, no matter how big the bed is, no matter where we are, likes to slowly send me to the edge of the bed throughout the night. I'm pretty sure most of our malts think they're big dogs :w00t:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Lynn - your first mistake was saying "I have a kingsized bed." Apparently it is their (Lacie, Tilly and Secret's) king-sized bed!! The sooner you learn that, the better off you'll all be. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
That's what I've got here too.....the very edge of the bed. I have a queen size bed and Stan sleeps downstairs most all the time. And because once in a while he'll come upstairs, I feel obligated to my side, but Abbey and Ava are such snugglers :wub:....I can barely roll over without disturbing all of them.

Oh and another thing, I have a bedspread instead of a comforter - but somehow I end up being covered by just the skirt of the bedspread and not the comfy warm top part!!:w00t: ....how could I wake the kids just so I can get warm? :blink:
Great Visual, Pat . . . :)

It's the truth, there will never be enough room - because they love to snuggle so closely. :wub:

Have you notice, that fluffs don't like change either - G-d forbid you move the location of the bed in the room. Fluffs!:unsure:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lynn - your first mistake was saying "I have a kingsized bed." Apparently it is their (Lacie, Tilly and Secret's) king-sized bed!! The sooner you learn that, the better off you'll all be. :HistericalSmiley:
So true. It truly is THEIR bed. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Ironic this question is here right now b/c our new KING size bed from Macy's got delivered today at 5:30!!!! 1/2 hour more of work and I get to go home and see it!!!!!

We've had a queen for the longest time and it was just time to upgrade. I've been having back issues and plus it's a tight squeeze w/me, DH, B&E. Looking forward to our first night in the new bed! Somehow I think B&E will still hog up the bed and I'll be pushed off to the side just as I was with our queen lol.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a king that I share with 2 pups and 3 cats..good thing hubby works nights :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Queen but then it is only for hubby and I ;) I have never liked having animals or children in my bed. I cope a lot better with them all if I have a good undisturbed rest. Dander, and hair free. Of course kids have now left the nest, but Lola snuggles on me all day and never leaves my side. I must admit a few times lately hubby has been up earlier than me and has brought her up to see me. She curls right up into my arms under the covers and doesn't move an inch. I think she is aware of what a special treat it is. :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Lynn, I think they are trying to tell you something. Don't you know it's their bed and they are just being nice to let you sleep with them?:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
The other night it was me and 3 dogs in a twin in the "spare room." It's a low bed with an extra layer of memory foam. It was very cozy. :) Lily lay behind me, well, really across me, and rested her head on my cheek. It was cozy, but I was afraid to move suddenly. :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
We are in a similar boat.

We have a king size bed and when we had Bacchus around him and Bibi would scoot one or the other of us to the edge, it was usually me with Karry getting much of the bed.

Now that we only have Bibi and her tiny 4 pounds we seem to get more bed she does not seem to have the nudging power that 6-7 pound Bacchus had.

Best regards, tony

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I see a trend here,anyone w/ a fluff will end up w/ a king sized bed eventually. It's funny ,all friends say wwo must be nice to have a king sized bed,they all have either double or queen. I tell people the truth,we got it for the dogs!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
We have a king size bed and well, Delilah sleeps in her crate. I have never been one to sleep with kids or animals in the bed. I am so afraid I would roll over onto one of them. I do how ever bring her in my bed during the day and we lounge or cat nap together, but never over night. Plus ever since she pee'd and pooped in the bed,LOL Hubby has been real leary of letting her in the bed. Especially now that we have a new mattress.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I totally agree Sue, my husband and I sleep in our fluffs King size bed:HistericalSmiley:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts