Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how much your maltese weighes and how old they are. feel free to post pic

Gracie is around 2 lbs 12oz at almost 6 months old. she is still isnt 3 lbs! lol we expect her to be no more than 3.5lbs full grown. here is my little princess :innocent: on her favorite pillow. the pillow that was meant for MY head. haha :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Last time I took her in, just for the scale last month she was 7.4# at 8 mo.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Archie is just about 10 lbs and is 6 years old. He is over weight and should be around 8 lbs.

Abbey is 7 lbs and would probably be better at 6 lbs, she's 5 years old

Ava is 2.8 lbs and is will be 2 years old in a few weeks

Tinker is my yorkie, he's about 5 1/2 - 6 lbs and probably around 5 - 7 years old (he was rescued directly from a puppy mill as an adult)

I have Archie and Abbey in short coats with long hair on their ears and tails. I had shown Ava for several months and just cut her down recently - life is much easier on all of us now.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Cosy was the same weight as your Gracie at that age. She now is almost 4 lbs (4 in the winter months) and she's almost <gasp> 5 years old.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
stuart was also about 2lbs 12oz at 6 months old, but he grew to just shy over 5 lbs trim and fit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, i must say, i love Cosy's hair cut! she looks absolutely adorable (especially in your signature picture)!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and the reason that we think gracie will be so small is that she eats tons and her growing has slowwed quite alot lately. she might even wiegh less than i said, i just made an estimate. infact, she is probobly more around 2.5lbs. sorry for my innacuracy!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Kirby is 6.5 months old and weighs 8.4 lbs. I honestly can't believe how big he has gotten. He was 2.1 lbs when I got him at 12 weeks. He is suppose to be around 10-12 full grown which is what I wanted, so it's all good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Lilly is 4.5 years old and she weighs right around 5lbs. She was only 1.7lbs when I got her at 12 weeks. I think she was around 3lbs at 6 months.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Kirby is 6.5 months old and weighs 8.4 lbs. I honestly can't believe how big he has gotten. He was 2.1 lbs when I got him at 12 weeks. He is suppose to be around 10-12 full grown which is what I wanted, so it's all good. :thumbsup:
I have a malt on the bigger side too. At 10 weeks she was 3.1 lbs., at 6 months she was 6.4 lbs and now just over a year old and she's 11-12 pounds. Vet wants to see her weight at 10 pounds. She got close to that but is now still closer to 12 lbs.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
just wondering how much your maltese weighes and how old they are. feel free to post pic

Gracie is around 2 lbs 12oz at almost 6 months old. she is still isnt 3 lbs! lol we expect her to be no more than 3.5lbs full grown. here is my little princess :innocent: on her favorite pillow. the pillow that was meant for MY head. haha :biggrin:
As Pat can tell you, it is NOT easy showing a small maltese. Most reputable show breeders want their girls over 4 lbs for breeding purposes. I personally wouldn't even show a girl under 4 lbs, so let's hope she gets a bit bigger if you are going to show her!

Can you post some pics of her walking or standing? I'd love to see her. And if you have video of her moving, even better

ETA - I never answered your original question!
Lucy is 5.5-6 lbs at 4 yrs
Caddy is 5 lbs at 5 years
Caira is 7 lbs at 3 yrs
Lois is 6 lbs at 2 yrs
Emma is 5 lbs at 11 mos

Lucy was 3.6 lbs at 6 mos old so she definitely grew after that!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Rose is 3yrs old and is 4.8 lbs and my Lily is 1yr and is 4lbs. I love long coats on my girls but it's more work. Fortunately, they both have silky coats that do not mat, easily. The beauty of a Maltese is that you can cut their hair short, if you want to. I typically keep them shorter in the summer and longer in fall and winter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts