Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was away for the weekend (visiting my new grandaughter!) and know that Noriko was scheduled for her spay yesterday.

How did it go? How is she feeling?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Awww, that was sweet of you to remember
. They didn't just say it went well, they said it went great! Noriko was the smallest baby the doctor ever spayed!

When I took her in, she was crying! She never cried going to the vet before! It was so sad. I can't believe she knew! And before her surgery, they said she was so cute! Everytime she sees a dog pass by her cage, she's growl and bark at them. When I picked her up she looked like me when I first wake up in the morning and i'm SOOOOOOOO not a morning person!

I gave her food last night and she gobbled it up! I softened her dry food with water...maybe that's why she killed it! She's moving along as if she didn't even have the surgery(I'm letting her stretch her legs for afew mins).

Yesterday, was such a stressful day for me. Except for this one night I went out to the clubs, I hadn't smoked for over a month! But this week is gonna be hectic for me. I caved in and bought a pack of cigs.
My car was messed up (i've been driving my bf's car) and I'm starting school Wed. and my bf is out of town so he couldnt help me. My cousin's bf took a look at my car and he said it's only the battery, so he jumped it for me. When I got to autozone, I realized at the checkout stand that I forgot my wallet! WTH is wrong with me? OF ALL DAYS! They had to jump my car so I could go home to get my wallet! I'm such a ditsy girl.

But, yeah, Noriko is good. I made her crate REALLY comfortable. They let me take her canines home and OH MY GOSH, the root of the canine were like twice the size of the teeth! No wonder it didnt fall out by itself!!!! hehe.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear it went well. I was worried because she is so small. How many teeth did they remove?

I'm amazed that she is feeling so well, but girls are tough, aren't they?

Hugs and kisses to her!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
ButterCloud, so happy to hear Noriko came through the surgery so well. What a relief. But sounds like you were stressed, though, with everything that was going on. When you are stressed and anxious take 60 seconds and do this: sit quietly, spine straight, shoulders aligned below your ears (not bunched up with tension), feet on the floor and close your eyes. Take a deep breath, slowly and deliberately, letting your abdomen expand and then let it out, slowly and deliberately and just push in slightly with your stomach muscle at the end of the exhalation.

Do it 2 or 3 times then open your eyes and see if your mind is not clearer and more focused and that you just feel refreshed! You won't forget your wallet next time, either.

I picked this up from Yoga and am always reminding my daughters to do this periodically during their hectic days. (Job, husband, house, meals, teenager, infant, and 5 year old boy with Diabetes.) They totally agree that it helps but also that they need reminding!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Glad she is doing well!!!!
Brinkley sends kisses and hugs!!!!1

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww hugs and kisses from me and Park XOXOXOXO glad she is doing well!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Thanks for your concern. I have more issues coming my way
. Noriko JUST started to swell now. I came home at 6pm today and it wasnt swelling at all. And then, an hour ago, I start noticing her swell up a bit. I called the emergency pet center and they said it was NORMAL! I just washed it a little with warm water and I have to call the vet first thing tomorrow. I start school tomorrow too! I'm going crazy!!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Noriko is doing fine. She's being a baby, but it's ok. She IS a baby. She seems to be doing better than I am. Mommy is so-so right now. I only had 5 hrs of sleep, though.

Thanks for asking!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts