Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about ya'll?!
My trip was ok....I LOVED seeing my nephew (almost 3) and my new 8 week old neice!!!! (I will post pictures if you are interested...they are not dogs...LOL....)
There was DRAMA ...as I expected from my family...so for that reason I am GLAD to be back home!!!

I could not have asked for Brinkley to be better....he did not get to go in to my grandmother's house. -_- (as I expected) He stayed in the crate in the van
with the windows down (it was 55-60 degrees out-covering my bases before I get jumped on! LOL)....now, when I say crate...it is an "apartment" for him! We took out the middle seat of the van and put his crate-is the large size...like for a large lab or something...WAY too much room for him...he doesn't mind the crate at all...he just was sad that he couldn't be with us....I went out every 30 minutes-hour and walked him and played with him...he got two helpings of Thanksgiving stuff...he LOVED it....we left early both days to get back to the hotel b/c of him. It was not my ideal situation-(although he seemed better with it than I was!)but short of leaving-I couldn't really do anything else...if I had left because of my dog, my grandmother would have disowned me!!! I sure didn't need to add to the drama that was already going on at that house that day!!
He did not play well at my sister's and my friend's house with their doggies... -_- that was frustrating b/c they either had to put their dogs up...(which I refused to let them do, b/c I thought that was rude of me)-or he had to go back in his apartment, or in his little carrier...so for those places we opted for the little carrier where he could come inside with us....that seemed to please him, that he could see us. At my sister's it was not his fault...her Chi-wa-was (
) were NOT fond of him...but at my friend Jenn's, it was all Brinkley acting ugly
he kept growling and trying to bite their noses!
They were SO well behaved and calm...and just wanting to sniff butts and stuff..he was NOT having it!!!!

All in all, it was a fine trip. He did GREAT at the hotel and in the van-rode in my lap the WHOLE way......he NEVER had an accident...in fact, he had a box with wee pads in his "apartment" crate...but he never used them...he would wait until I took him and walked him...
Such a good boy!!!

Anyway, hope ya'lls trip was great too....
I did get told by my friend's husband that I had a "sickness" over my dog-b/c he was so spoiled and pampered (brought on by him seeing the "apartment" in the van for him)-he laughed and said his dogs traveled in their crates the size of large shoeboxes...
He asked if I wanted to take them home...
I told him no...they weren't Maltese...
(one is a Corgi and the other is ???? can't remember, but a fancy breed too....)

Gotta scoot, and get some pictures downloaded!!!
Glad to be back!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hey girl! I'm glad for the most part, it was a good holiday. I thought he only pottied indoors. Anyway, I had a busy Thanksgiving too. I'm so tired. My cousin's from Virginia came to visit. Thursday, we ate at my mom's house (YUMMY IN THE TUMMY) and then bowling and karaoke. Friday a bunch of us were at my aunt's house and then went clubbing. Afew of them were in the late 40's and STILL went clubbing. The older guys came because he wanted to spend time with their son/nephew. Isn't that sweet? My dad would NEVER go to the clubs with me just to spend time with me. I think that is just crazy! Anyway, we went to this one club and got kicked out! They claim that one of the older guys touched this girl which was soooooooooo not true. All 12 of us were pissed like you wouldn't believe. This guy was married, his wife is my cousin and some of the guys' sister and he was holding 3 beers in his hand. He couldn't have grabbed anybody! Even one of the security guys and this bartender girl KNEW that he didn't do it and tried to help, but the stupid manager said that once you get kicked out, you cant come back in. This guy dropped 100 bucks within the first 20 minutes there and then he gets kicked out! *lots of cuss words inserted here*.

Anyway, we went somewhere else, got wasted and had fun. And then last night, we went to the clubs again Only with the youngsters because, obviously, the older adults cause too much trouble! HAHA jk. Well, I got real wasted at one point...dang tequila. When we left the club and got into the elevator, there were alot of people in the elevator. My cousin (a guy) told them to back up (Not rude at all) and dude got upset and wanted to fight him. My cousin was twice his size and works out. What a dummy. You know he was scared because he was talking crap like, "I went to jail!" SO WHAT! He was probably someone's ***** there. I wouldn't admit I was in prison. He was TRYING to scare my cousin. It was lame. But when we were in the car driving home, we just laughed about it. I'm sorta glad that that incident happen because we had alot of laughs making fun of them. I guess trouble is just all around no matter what age we are. SO JUVENILE *rolling my eyes*.
Today, I woke up at 10am just so I can eat with them one last time. I was so sad. I miss them.
I had fun. I'm broke right now, but it was fun!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He does go inside at home...but he figured out to pee in the grass when he had to go...I still don't get why he didn't use the wee pad in the crate...he used it in the hotel...weird....oh well....

It sounds like YOUR drama was WAY more exciting than mine!
Mine was sad drama...my mother didn't come to Thanksgiving....
she's a loser....LOOONG story....I don't really care, but my kids were very confused...they only got to see her for about an hour and a half...
Some people were not MEANT to be mothers...mine was one of them....

Anyway, glad you had fun with your family. I am way too old and not so much fun anymore for clubbing!!! But those days were SO fun!!!! I can get pretty messed up on some good tequila myself...I love it straight...people think I am NUTS!!! But I don't do that often, because I lose ALL inhibitions and REALLY run my mouth WAY too much. I also like to start fights with my hubby when I drink tequila...so he usually cuts me off REAL quickly!!!! I have some GREAT funny tequila drinking stories from my younger-crazier days!!!!

It is sad to leave the family....it really killed me to know that my neice will be 6 months old when I get back there on my spring break in March...
The baby time flies by SO fast!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 28 2004, 09:44 PM
I had a nice Thanksgiving.  No drama here, which is a bit unusual.  We went to my sister's which we do every year and the two of us usually fight (I never start it) and then I get mad and usually end up leaving.  However, she seems to have matured or is taking prescription medication...no one is really sure.  Anyway, she was actually pleasant.

Traci, I thought about you and your family.  I'm sorry about your situtation with you and your mother.  I never understood what it would be like to have a "mother" who wasn't meant to be one until I met my husband and his parents--neither should have ever been allowed to be parents.  It is really sad, but knowing the situtation that he came from, I know he is much better off not having a lot to do with them.  Sometimes things happens for the best even though we might never fully understand it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19095
[/QUOTE]

That is funny about your sister. What is the age difference? My sister and I used to fight like that. She is four years younger than me. But, strangely...this drama with my mother, and bringing up parts of our disfunctional childhoods, has brought us closer...which is great. We are WAY different...and many times that is a springboard for huge disagreements and hurt feelings-but we are getting better at realizing the differences in our personalities and moving past all that.
Tell your hubby I feel for him. I truly don't understand it. It makes it even harder when my kids are involved. At this point in my life, I could move on and try to live without her in my life-but my kids are different. That makes it SO hard and confusing to make sure you are making the right decisions. I am rambling.
Gotta get ready for work.
Thanks Nichole!
Glad your holiday went well! :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
im glad everyones thanksgiving wasnt ruined at least.

i still dont get why people have to have drama. i miss the old days where everyone was just happy. our thanksgiving was just me, my sister, and my mom. my brother didnt invite us to his feast. and his birthday is on monday the 8th...and he's probably going to pity himself and still not invite us. he's stupid

you know what bothers me?? is that i like honey baked ham---but my mom and sister dont so i dont get to have that.
my mom made turkey though...it was pretty good. and the dogs LOVED it. lol.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I had drama for my Thanksgiving... My sister (which is four years older than me) started a fight about College degrees! To make a long story short.. I was trying to tell my sister that a computer science degree is considered technical and she was saying no its a Bachelars of Science degree which is the same as her degree of marketing. I wasnt even talking about a BS or BA degree... i was only talking about the field. It became a BIG fight.. anyway... to make things worse my bf and I were fighting... so he stayed home and ate no turkey! Which was totally unnecessary because I invited him all day to come over!!! I was almost begging him to come over... but if he wants to be stubborn...
Glad everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I for the first time cooked the turkey (mom has been trying to cook for 12 yrs and never succeed) it was delicious..
. i recently discover my cooking ability.. i was starving at home cause my mom is a horrible cook (she knows and tells everyone) :new_Eyecrazy: ... my Bf and i cooked it was awesome... We had a friendly dinner .. no drama.. i mean my sister and I can not stand each other so people are used to our sarcasm..
. (i was hoping she would chocke on her words.. but nothing is perfect) i still love her.. just cant stand her...

And sat we celebrated my Bf's
24 birthday party.at a Club where they gave us guest free entrance and Valet Parking...... we had to only buy drink... 4 bottles at least
. (pictures are posted in my Website see the below link)... we had a blast... we ended up getting the VIP.. at $140 per bottle.. we got 8 bottles.. among 40 of us paid the tab ... (40 each) i thought it was wayyyyyyy tooo much i almost died

but it was all good

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm getting so sad reading your posts about not being close to your sisters... I'm 3 years older then my sister and she is my best friend. We weren't close until I moved away to go to college (go figure)... we are so opposite, but it makes it fun!

My Thanksgiving was taken over by my spoiled cousins who talked about themselves the whole day... my family, my boyfriend, and my eyes were stuck in the back of our heads till Sunday!
:new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Our Thanksgiving went off pretty nicely.. My husband and I hosted it this year since it's our first Thanksgiving married.
My parents, sister and in-laws were all over at our place.. it was great, the food was awesome and we had a good time. No major fights until the next day.. at least we got through one day without any!

Tuffy was by himself in his little gated area for most of the dinner just because he would have tried to jump on everyone.. but I gave him a Greenie and he was calm the whole time. We didn't get to bring Palbert (my sister's dog) over because the poor little guy hurt his leg the night before and even though the emergency vet gave him a clean bill of health we were scared he might hurt it again. He is still favoring it if he's been running around so we are taking him to vet today to see if they may have missed something at the emergency clinic.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
My Thanksgiving went ok. The trip in general went great, but I had to make an unexpected trip to the emergancy room on Thanksgiving. I have not had an asthma attack in almost a year. I have stopped carrying my inhaler. When I packed to go home I totally forgot about it. Well I woke up Thursday and started to weeze. I get my prescriptions filled at HyVee (grocery store) so I went to the store to get a refill. I figured they probably closed at noon so I went aroun 9/10AM. Well the pharmacy was closed and the lady at customer service was like sorry nothing we can do. I ended up having to go to the emergancy room at 5:30PM because it started to get worse. If I had the inhaler it would have been fine. Thank god I had insurance to cover it.

Besides the attack the weekend went great. Lexi had a blast. She was so tired she slept the entire way home, plus when we did get home she layed on the couch and slept until it was time to go to bed.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Nov 29 2004, 10:42 AM
I'm getting so sad reading your posts about not being close to your sisters... I'm 3 years older then my sister and she is my best friend. We weren't close until I moved away to go to college (go figure)... we are so opposite, but it makes it fun!

My Thanksgiving was taken over by my spoiled cousins who talked about themselves the whole day... my family, my boyfriend, and my eyes were stuck in the back of our heads till Sunday! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19174
[/QUOTE]

Natalie, my situation is much like yours. My sister is 3 years younger than I am. And like you and yours, we are opposites but we respect our differences. We never "fight". No one in my family does. In fact, I honestly cannot ever recall my parents having any sort of "fight". We are a peace-loving bunch!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Nov 29 2004, 01:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nataliecmu
@Nov 29 2004, 10:42 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19174
Natalie, my situation is much like yours. My sister is 3 years younger than I am. And like you and yours, we are opposites but we respect our differences. We never "fight". No one in my family does. In fact, I honestly cannot ever recall my parents having any sort of "fight". We are a peace-loving bunch!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19217
[/B][/QUOTE]

Must be nice to live in your world...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Nov 29 2004, 01:04 PM
My Thanksgiving went ok. The trip in general went great, but I had to make an unexpected trip to the emergancy room on Thanksgiving.  I have not had an asthma attack in almost a year.  I have stopped carrying my inhaler.  When I packed to go home I totally forgot about it.  Well I woke up Thursday and started to weeze.  I get my prescriptions filled at HyVee (grocery store) so I went to the store to get a refill.  I figured they probably closed at noon so I went aroun 9/10AM.  Well the pharmacy was closed and the lady at customer service was like sorry nothing we can do.  I ended up having to go to the emergancy room at 5:30PM because it started to get worse.  If I had the inhaler it would have been fine.  Thank god I had insurance to cover it.

Besides the attack the weekend went great.  Lexi had a blast.  She was so tired she slept the entire way home, plus when we did get home she layed on the couch and slept until it was time to go to bed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19212
[/QUOTE]
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. You know, I had a similar situation very recently. I hadn't had a bad asthma attack for almost 2.5 years. Just a little wheezing here and there..then about six weeks ago, I started having daily attacks. Of course I ignored it (as we mom's are apt to do), until my husband insisted I go to the doctor. The doctor sent me to the allergist, who said that molds have been particularly bad this season (here in NJ). She started me on Advair 500/50 twice a day and it has been wonderful. I have my proventil, but the Advair has been very effective. I am also allergic to dogs, and I was around six on Thanksgiving. No breathing problems at all! Hives are another issue, and I'm going to start shots next week. But I would really recommend you talk to your doctor about an inhaled steriod for your asthma. I am now on 8 days, symptom free!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
For us, a Thanksgiving without drama would be like serving turkey without the gravy, stuffing, and potatoes! My in-laws are real characters...think a combination of Moonstruck and Everybody Loves Raymond and there you have it! Actually, they're a lot of similarities between Raymond and my husband...MIL is Marie (her actual name) and FIL is Frank (his actual name). My BIL is unmarried, and constantly feels he is in my husband's shadow. And my MIL definitely favors my husband, but tries to undermind my every effort. Don't get me started....we got off pretty easy this year. We went to brunch with them. We ate "dinner" at our wonderful neighbor's home (oh how I wish they were my in-laws) so it wasn't a total washout. But Christmas will be at my house. And my MIL will have her ususal comments about how "unique" my food is. And how she had better not eat that much because last time, what she ate at my house didn't agree with her. I think her direct quote was, "Dear, I think something has turned".

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Nov 29 2004, 01:43 PM
For us, a Thanksgiving without drama would be like serving turkey without the gravy, stuffing, and potatoes!  My in-laws are real characters...think a combination of Moonstruck and Everybody Loves Raymond and there you have it!  Actually, they're a lot of similarities between Raymond and my husband...MIL is Marie (her actual name) and FIL is Frank (his actual name).  My BIL is unmarried, and constantly feels he is in my husband's shadow.  And my MIL definitely favors my husband, but tries to undermind my every effort.  Don't get me started....we got off pretty easy this year.  We went to brunch with them.  We ate "dinner" at our wonderful neighbor's home (oh how I wish they were my in-laws) so it wasn't a total washout.  But Christmas will be at my house.  And my MIL will have her ususal comments about how "unique" my food is.  And how she had better not eat that much because last time, what she ate at my house didn't agree with her.  I think her direct quote was, "Dear, I think something has turned".
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19226
[/QUOTE]

Your descriptions are so funny
I love that last statement from your MIL!!! I can just hear that.... oh my goodness!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty+Nov 29 2004, 12:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Nov 29 2004, 01:04 PM
My Thanksgiving went ok. The trip in general went great, but I had to make an unexpected trip to the emergancy room on Thanksgiving.  I have not had an asthma attack in almost a year.  I have stopped carrying my inhaler.  When I packed to go home I totally forgot about it.  Well I woke up Thursday and started to weeze.  I get my prescriptions filled at HyVee (grocery store) so I went to the store to get a refill.  I figured they probably closed at noon so I went aroun 9/10AM.  Well the pharmacy was closed and the lady at customer service was like sorry nothing we can do.  I ended up having to go to the emergancy room at 5:30PM because it started to get worse.  If I had the inhaler it would have been fine.  Thank god I had insurance to cover it.

Besides the attack the weekend went great.  Lexi had a blast.  She was so tired she slept the entire way home, plus when we did get home she layed on the couch and slept until it was time to go to bed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19212
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. You know, I had a similar situation very recently. I hadn't had a bad asthma attack for almost 2.5 years. Just a little wheezing here and there..then about six weeks ago, I started having daily attacks. Of course I ignored it (as we mom's are apt to do), until my husband insisted I go to the doctor. The doctor sent me to the allergist, who said that molds have been particularly bad this season (here in NJ). She started me on Advair 500/50 twice a day and it has been wonderful. I have my proventil, but the Advair has been very effective. I am also allergic to dogs, and I was around six on Thanksgiving. No breathing problems at all! Hives are another issue, and I'm going to start shots next week. But I would really recommend you talk to your doctor about an inhaled steriod for your asthma. I am now on 8 days, symptom free!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19223
[/B][/QUOTE]

I used to take Advair but since my allergies and asthma have been very good the last 2 years the doctor is weaning me off meds. I was on asthma and allergy meds for almost 7 years (
why too long). I now take zyrtec as needed and my albuterol inhaler as needed. 99% of the time I'm great. Every so often I will have to take a zyrtec but that is only maybe once a month.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Nov 29 2004, 01:43 PM
For us, a Thanksgiving without drama would be like serving turkey without the gravy, stuffing, and potatoes!  My in-laws are real characters...think a combination of Moonstruck and Everybody Loves Raymond and there you have it!  Actually, they're a lot of similarities between Raymond and my husband...MIL is Marie (her actual name) and FIL is Frank (his actual name).  My BIL is unmarried, and constantly feels he is in my husband's shadow.  And my MIL definitely favors my husband, but tries to undermind my every effort.  Don't get me started....we got off pretty easy this year.  We went to brunch with them.  We ate "dinner" at our wonderful neighbor's home (oh how I wish they were my in-laws) so it wasn't a total washout.  But Christmas will be at my house.  And my MIL will have her ususal comments about how "unique" my food is.  And how she had better not eat that much because last time, what she ate at my house didn't agree with her.  I think her direct quote was, "Dear, I think something has turned".
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19226
[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness! Exactly like the show! How can you stand it one bit?!
Hoooolyyyyyy.....
Sounds like my step-mother-in-law. Heh. She did not like me at first and would make little comments that would get me FURIOUS! ooooh boy! I could not stand to be in the same room with her. She has changed quite a bit and she's actually very nice to me now, so therefore Thanksgiving dinner with them was ok.

Coconut was very very good and if you want to know more, go to the stories section of the site. Heh.
Anyway, T-giving at my parents house was good. There was a *liiiittle* drama between mom & dad, but what's new. You could feel tension in the air a lot of the time, but i've learned to ignore that. My mom got mad at dad because she helped him bake sugar free pumpkin pies and he didn't offer to help her make applesauce cake for herself since she doesn't like pumpkin pie. SO, to save a major fight from happening, i quietly went to the kitchen and whipped up the freaking cake. I wish she would've just asked me to help in the 1st place. Ohhh well. She made dinner for everyone, it's the least i could do to make her a cake. I just wish i would've known she wanted one earlier to save tension between her and dad.
Haha, then my husband was out with Coco in the yard, and my brother-in-law came back (he ran to work for a few minutes) and Jay (hubby) says "What ever you do, don't mention apple sauce cake!" And of course bro-in-law, being the clown he is, comes in and yells "So... What's up with this applesauce cake?!" Ahhh, everyone laughed and it made the tension go away for the rest of the night, thank goodness. haha.
Figures, last night mom was trying to pawn the rest of that cake off on me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts