Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was wondering how all of you dry your malts face? every time i clean tessa's face (she has modertate staining) i can't think of anyway to dry it completely. sometimes i think leaving it wet may be contributing to the staining. am i crazy???

can i blow dry her face on a low setting? i'm so lost, please help!!!!

i just used eye envy on her and her face is wet from the solution, is that okay???

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
mine are in a puppycut. and since its warm...you could probably just let it air dry.

and whats up with how hot it is??!! gruffi is going crazy! lol

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I only use the dryer on bath day since she doesnt like it in her face, but you could use a towel and then a paper towel or tissue if you are just rinsing her eyes. I recently started to just rinse them using an eye dropper type thing (fill and squish it out under the eyes) so its not all that wet. I get the salty tears off at least without doing a whole face wash. Then I dont need the dryer as much. Her stains are not terrible, but she does have them. good luck

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 14 2005, 05:41 PM
mine are in a puppycut. and since its warm...you could probably just let it air dry. 

and whats up with how hot it is??!!  gruffi is going crazy!  lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62360
[/QUOTE]
hello summer!! Ruby Jean doesn't like the heat either......I think its suppose to cool off next week though--I HOPE anyway

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all your replies. the only reason why i ask about blow drying is because i know its bad for dogs to stick their heads out the window when we are driving them (not good for their eye sockets). my dogs do it anyways and you can't blame them for wanting some fresh air. if we had all that fur, we'd be doing the same thing!!!! i know the blow dryer isn't nearly as strong as the wind while driving, but in essence its kinda the same thing, just at a lesser degree.

i also thought that since any irritant makes maltese tear, then the blow dryer would make her stains worse. after all her eyes are drying out so she has to tear to moisturize them, right???

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I usually towel dry the body and face right after the bath. Usually, by the time I am done grooming, they are almost dry and I use the blow dryer to finish it off. Sparkle doesn't like the blow dryer on her face but her coat dries quickly. Cookie and Waffle love it and sticks their face in front of the blow dryer.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I think the reason its bad for dogs to stick their head out of the window is because something (like a little rock) can hit their eye - I am not sure its bad for their eye sockets. As far as blow drying - I blow dry Miko's face all the time and he loves it. He has very minimal tear staining (he just gets eye goobers once every few days).

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brink loves the blow-dryer too...that is his favorite part of bath time!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
When I blow-dry Pico's face I aim the dryer upward from just below his neck. This makes his mustache fly out on either side but it combs back down once his face is dry. This keeps the hot air from blowing directly into his eyes.

I dry him in my lap because he can't move much OR escape!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
haha.. this is the part of bath time Kodie HATES! When i point the dryer anywhere near his face.. he gets MAD... haha.. He will try to bite the air and growls at it. Its really tough to get his face completely dry. It stinks too because then the hair on kodie's ears isnt completely straight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts