Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hI ALL , I HAVE TO TAKE SOME TIME TO WRITE THIS DOWN. I AM A 37 YR OLD MOM OF 3 CHILDREN PJ IS 13 DANIELLE IS 10 AND MY BABY IS ALMOST 3. WE HAD GONE TO A PET STORE WHEN WE WERE FIRST MARRIED 15 YEARS AGO(omg time flies) AND MY HUBBY SAW THIS LITTLE BLACK AND WHITE PUP JUMPING UP AND DOWN IN A PLAYPEN . WE FELL IN LOVE RIGHT THERE I ON THE OTHER HAND WENT RIGHT TO THE LITTLE WHITE DOGS.SO WE LEFT AND THE NEXT DAY WE WENT BACK TO GET THE BLACK AND WHITE DOG A BOSTON TERRIER WE LEARNED . WE NAMED HER MISSY AND SHE LIVED WITH US FOR ALMOST 13 YEARS UNTIL ONE DAY WE CAME HOME FROM A BIRTHDAY DINNER FOR MYSELF AND SHE WAS DEAD UNDER MY DINING ROOM CHAIR. MY DH SCOOPED HER UP AND FELL TO HIS KNEES CRYING , WE DECIDED NO MORE PETS IT TOO HARD ''THEY DIE ANYWAY'' WE WERE HEARTBROKEN. SO 2 YRS PASS AND I STARTED TO READ ABOUT THE LITTLE WHITE DOG I WAS IN THE STORE ALL THOSE YRS BEFORE.I WENT TOP MY DH AND SAID LETS GET A MALTESE HE SAID NO WAY NO MORE DOGS! i SAID PLEASE COME ON .. I WON LOL.SO NOW WE HAVE THIS AMAZING LOVING SWEET AND PRESIOUS DOG I CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM . MY DH GOT HIM TO MAKE ME HAPPY AND NOW CHICO MAKES HIM HAPPY WHO WOULD THINK MY BIG POLICE OFFCIER WOULD BE WALKING AROUND WITH A LITTLE WHITE DOG AND SAYING ''WHOS A GOOD DOOGGY '' .CHICO HAS BEEN SUCH A BLESSING :D ~ DENISE

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that totally sucks about your boston terrier. that totally freaks me out, you know? im glad everything worked in the end.

quick question, what does DH stand for?

thanks

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
DH=dear husband..

What a sweet story.
So sorry about your first dog. I can understand the pain and not wanting to get another. I decided to get Brinkley after my favorite cat Sandy passed away of feline Leukemia. I cried every night when I went to bed with a broken heart over that silly cat...until I got Brinkley. My other cats are great...but not like Sandy.
Brinkley seemed to fill the void...and in some mysterious ways...maybe coincidence...but he seemed to have taken on some of her personality and querks...isn't that weird? Anyway, I am crying now...going to stop. I still miss her so much....but he does make the days brighter...glad Chico helped you too.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 25 2004, 06:01 PM
DH=dear husband..

What a sweet story.
So sorry about your first dog. I can understand the pain and not wanting to get another. I decided to get Brinkley after my favorite cat Sandy passed away of feline Leukemia.  I cried every night when I went to bed with a broken heart over that silly cat...until I got Brinkley. My other cats are great...but not like Sandy.
Brinkley seemed to fill the void...and in some mysterious ways...maybe coincidence...but he seemed to have taken on some of her personality and querks...isn't that weird? Anyway, I am crying now...going to stop. I still miss her so much....but he does make the days brighter...glad Chico helped you too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13226
[/QUOTE]
hI ALL THANK YOU FOR YOU REPLIES IT FELT GOOD TO WRITE IT OUT. YES,DH IS DEAR HUSBAND
(MOST OF THE TIME).mY BOSTON WAS IN PERFECT HEALTH ACCORDING TO MY VET SHE JUST GOT A FULL CHECK UP WITH BLOOD WORK AND ALL,THATS WHY HER DEATH WAS SO HARD WE WERE LIKE WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED THEN WE BLAMED OURSELEVES FOR NOT BEING THERE WHEN IT HAPPPENED OR WE MISSED SOMETHING .i GUESS ITS ALL PART OF THE GRIEVING PROCESS,MY DH EVEN SAID ''DID YOU THINK MISSY WILL BE MAD AT US?'' I SAID NO SHE LOVED US AND WOULD WANT US TO BE HAPPY WITH ANOTHER WE WERENT REPLACING HER .CHICO IS A DOLLAND IN BETWEEN WE DID GET 2 PEDAGREE RAGDOLL CATS AND MY DAUGHTER IS ALLERGIC TO THEN SO WE HAVE TO GIVE THEM UP ,THOUGH I FOUND THEM A REALLY GREAT HOME AND THEY WILL GO THERE AT THE END OF NOV. I WILL NEED TISSUES THEN TOO.
TAKE CARE ~ DENISE

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
In perfect health? That IS scary!!! Poor thing..

I know what your husband meant about not wanting another b/c they just die anyway. I was like that at first. I even thought about giving all my other cats away when Sandy passed b/c I couldn't even imagine having to go through that again. We had pets to pass before, but they were stray outside cats that we got attached to quickly...and got run over quickly...
The last one like that...hurt so bad...we brought her kitten inside so we didn't have to deal with that again...thus...we now have big fat "Little-Bit"...who weighs almost 20 pounds!
No so little anymore...
We have another older cat Spencer, we have had him over 10 years now. He is healthy for now (knock on wood)-but when he goes...it will be awful around here...my son is VERY attached to him, and vice versa. I dread the day more for him than for anyone else, although we all will hurt.
My grandmother has tons of outside cats at her house in the country. They somehow find her. She names them, gets attached to them. Traps the adults and takes them to the vet to be fixed...and everyonce in a while something will happen to one. (it always seems to be the favorites/cool ones...) As her heart breaks, she says the same thing..."is it even worth it?" But we all know it is, or we wouldn't have them at all. My pets help to complete me. I love them like kids..or almost like kids anyway. We all do. That is why we find such comraderie (sp?) here on this forum..b/c we know that everyone else here feels the same about theirs...and we are in like company. A great place to ask/share advice, vent, laugh, and as Denise has...share tears.

·
Registered
939 Posts
We also lost a wonderful family dog to illness long ago. We also lost a very beloved cat and the family was in agreement.... no more! We still had 3 cats when everyone started to show interest in getting a dog. It had been a few years and I told them the only was I was going to do it was if I got to choose... well, a maltese was my dream dog from when I was much younger. They all thought he would be to "phoofy" but now he is the baster of love in this house and I can't wait until I can get another!

Judi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts