Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
DH=dear husband..

What a sweet story.
So sorry about your first dog. I can understand the pain and not wanting to get another. I decided to get Brinkley after my favorite cat Sandy passed away of feline Leukemia. I cried every night when I went to bed with a broken heart over that silly cat...until I got Brinkley. My other cats are great...but not like Sandy.
Brinkley seemed to fill the void...and in some mysterious ways...maybe coincidence...but he seemed to have taken on some of her personality and querks...isn't that weird? Anyway, I am crying now...going to stop. I still miss her so much....but he does make the days brighter...glad Chico helped you too.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
In perfect health? That IS scary!!! Poor thing..

I know what your husband meant about not wanting another b/c they just die anyway. I was like that at first. I even thought about giving all my other cats away when Sandy passed b/c I couldn't even imagine having to go through that again. We had pets to pass before, but they were stray outside cats that we got attached to quickly...and got run over quickly...
The last one like that...hurt so bad...we brought her kitten inside so we didn't have to deal with that again...thus...we now have big fat "Little-Bit"...who weighs almost 20 pounds!
No so little anymore...
We have another older cat Spencer, we have had him over 10 years now. He is healthy for now (knock on wood)-but when he goes...it will be awful around here...my son is VERY attached to him, and vice versa. I dread the day more for him than for anyone else, although we all will hurt.
My grandmother has tons of outside cats at her house in the country. They somehow find her. She names them, gets attached to them. Traps the adults and takes them to the vet to be fixed...and everyonce in a while something will happen to one. (it always seems to be the favorites/cool ones...) As her heart breaks, she says the same thing..."is it even worth it?" But we all know it is, or we wouldn't have them at all. My pets help to complete me. I love them like kids..or almost like kids anyway. We all do. That is why we find such comraderie (sp?) here on this forum..b/c we know that everyone else here feels the same about theirs...and we are in like company. A great place to ask/share advice, vent, laugh, and as Denise has...share tears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.