Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
If you mean that you already have a video posted in another website (example, youtube) All you have to do is
1. copy the video URL from that website
2. In SM (in a thread or post a reply to thread section), click on the "insert link" icon
3. paste the URL that you copied
4. hit submit without doing any other changes to the code/tag :)

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Kat! You have created a monster with these instructions! I have been in awe of everyone's ability to create slide shows with their pictures. Last night, I uploaded Angel's reveal pictures to Photoshop. Mind you, I've been using photoshop elements for several years, but last night was the first time I'd seen the option to make a slideshow. All of sudden, it was all there - all the tools I needed to make a video. I actually did all the steps you pointed out here to post the video from YouTube, but when I preview my post, a link rather than the picture with the arrow showed up, which isn't what I wanted. This morning, I followed your directions & got the same results with a hyperlink showing up. I knew you knew what you were talking about, so I just clicked the submit button & "presto" there was the picture link.

Thank you very much. Now I'm off to make more videos. hehehehehe

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Lynne, do you mean you posted Angel's photos in photobucket? I know that photobucket.com offers creating a slide show tool, but I am not aware that Photoshop software offers creating a video of a slide show..

If the video was in other video-hosting-websites (other than youtube), the video cant be viewed in SM, it will only be shown as a hyperlink. Once clicked, it will take the person to that website to view the video. Unlike youtube videos (you can watch them right here in SM without having to go to another website if you wished to).

So you sure are doing it right :) Hey, I am suuure members will click on the hyperlink to view. I am one of them :p hurry, I so wanna see ^_^

Kat

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kat, it posted right when I clicked the "submit" button. It's just with the "preview" button that only the hyperlink showed up.

Kat, in photoshop elements, I viewed the pictures in full screen. On the toolbar there, there is an option to create slide show. There are options there to add their graphics. You can add music, either the ones they supplied or it looks like you can go into your own files for music.

I'm going to have to go into photobucket and see what they have there. Is that how you do your videos?

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Kat, it posted right when I clicked the "submit" button. It's just with the "preview" button that only the hyperlink showed up.

Kat, in photoshop elements, I viewed the pictures in full screen. On the toolbar there, there is an option to create slide show. There are options there to add their graphics. You can add music, either the ones they supplied or it looks like you can go into your own files for music.

I'm going to have to go into photobucket and see what they have there. Is that how you do your videos?
Wohoo glad that u decided to hit submit :chili: because It doesn't show when hitting preview and I didn't know that was what u meant - glad that u figured it out. maybe I should have included that in the video (hit preview first then submit (not everyone just hits submit immidiatly), with me , i don't preview. Immidiatly hit submit, then find out that I made typing errors:HistericalSmiley: then edit and fix. I don't know when will I learn to not rush when posting - it is just that I try to keep up while being busy.

I don't have photoshop "elements" - cool to know that u can create slide show in the elements. I didnt know that but i guess im still sticking wih just the photoshop. I do have Photoshop (the plain/main one for picture editing. There is no slideshow or video creating)

For slideshow/video creating, I use iMovie software. It comes with MAC computers / laptops. Before, I used to do it in windows movie maker in my Microsoft. But, after getting my MAC, I realized that I am more of an iMovie person lol no but really, I love it, it is easy quick user friendly and filled with options :) so I use this for my videos now.

Hugs
Kat

Edit: yikes, I just re-read your first respond and found preview written (yet I still missed it).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts