Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
By finding SOMETHING-ANYTHING that he is NOT supposed to have-or chew on-and chewing on it...
Newest phase is a wee pad!

Scratching up on my legs to be held...
Poo'ing in the floor...yes, I am convinced it is an attention getter...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Pico uses the stretch-and-touch method. He puts his front paws on our chair and then streeettchhes his back and, as he does, his paws just barely touch our thighs and when we look at him he gets that totally innocent look "I was just stretching!"

Then there is the little sound of annoyance and impatience when he goes "erk" if his treats are coming fast or often enough when my husband is eating lunch. (I don't share with him but my husband does.....pieces of veggie or bits of toast)

He also has a certain place that he will sit and stare at us when he has to poop. My husband calls it the Poop Place and he'll call to me in the other room "Your dog has to go out" and Pico will then run into my room and stand there and cock his head at me like "Hey! SOMEBODY take me out......"

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Puddles will bring a toy to where ever I am and drop it at my feet. Lay flat down and make a growling/bear sound. If that doesn't work, he will bite at my toes. Now that always works, teeth to sharp!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi will start barking at me if I'm ignoring her. Her new thing is when I'm laying on the couch reading and she wants to go out she will come and sit on my stomach and stare at me until I ask if she has to go out. It would be nice this only when she had to go to the bathroom. But no she does it whenever she thinks she heard her friends leave there apartment.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Oct 24 2004, 09:43 AM
she  now just disappears all of a sudden and the moment i know shes out of my sight, i stand up and go look for her ..but guess what?

shes just hiding around the corner waiting for me to come get her and she suddenly pounces on me and wags her little tail and starts jumping up and down

she is so unresistable..

how do ur baby/babies get ur attention?? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13053
[/QUOTE]

Tini does the same thing!!!! These little dogs are just too smart and too cute!

Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 24 2004, 11:22 AM
Poo'ing in the floor...yes, I am convinced it is an attention getter...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13057
[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree with this too :wacko:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Maya usually just sit near me and stares at me with a look saying "mommy can you pick me up"

and Daezie bark at me or stands on her hinds scratching my legs :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Oct 24 2004, 11:55 AM
Pico uses the stretch-and-touch method.  He puts his front paws on our chair and then streeettchhes his back and, as he does, his paws just barely touch our thighs and when we look at him he gets that totally innocent look "I was just stretching!"
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13061
[/QUOTE]

Tuffy does this exact same thing!! In fact he's doing it right now.. little silly! That's probably one of my favorite things he does, it's just adorable!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tiki will "huff" at you, run and scratch the door as if he needs to go out (even if he just went for a walk) or bring a toy, bone or a piece of his food. When he brings something he will set it down and then push it toward you with his nose looking you in the eye with a "huff". Wth toys he wants to play, with a bone he wants me to hold it so he can chew it and with the food he insists I "eat" it first, after he thinks I have had enough he will eat it. I look very silly pretending to eat a piece of dog food until I get approval from this 6 pound little darling!!

These guys are something! They can bring such joy and happiness in such simple ways!

Judi

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ellie is funny when she wants attention. like if you're reading a book, magazine, or watching tv....she'll just climb on top of you--no matter how difficult it is. like if we're laying on our sides and its hard to jump onto the couch or whatever---she'll find a way!! she'll also grab a toy and push it against your leg while you're walking. she also does that stretch thing that picos parent was talking about.

sprite will sit in front of you till you look at her...or she'll climb on top of you no matter what you're doing.

gruffi will cry and then lick you for attention. he'll keep doing it till you pet him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts