Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so dolce has no tear stains but he does get little eye boogies sometimes that gets stuck in his hair ? what is the best way to remove them without it hurting him , and should i really wash his face every single day ?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Liza, if I were as lucky as you ;) I would not wash his face unless it were dirty. If it's just some eye boogies, I would just remove those with my fingers, and then brush or comb his face to remove any dried pieces.

I have to wash Poppy's face daily, as he is staining very bad.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jules , i do clean with my fingers but sometimes they r stuck to the hair , i have been wetting his face a bit to soften them n then take them off , but should i be worried . why the eye boogies.?

·
Registered
847 Posts
jules , i do clean with my fingers but sometimes they r stuck to the hair , i have been wetting his face a bit to soften them n then take them off , but should i be worried . why the eye boogies.?
No worries; they're normal. I believe it's what happens when the debris from inside the eye gets flushed out by the tears, it clumps in the corners. I would wash his face every so often, though, just so he gets used to it. Especially if he starts to stain at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.