Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are gone for long hours (say work) how do you keep you babies entertained? Do you allow them to watch tv lol, or listen to the doggie station. Seriously though, what do you do? Do you notice less "destruction" as opposed to the times that you don't leave them the amenities?

Tx

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Mine sleep when I'm at work. I have heard that dogs typically sleep 19 hours a day. I always leave the radio or TV on and have a safe Nylabone or other safe chew toy in their beds. I keep mine in large crates when I'm gone to protect them from themselves... they are too destructive and would likely eat the carpet or who knows what. Sort of like with a human baby... they're confined to a crib or playpen until they are much older and can be trusted elsewhere ... same with my babies.... Even if I left them in a room they would eat the woodwork and cabinets!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I always leave the T.V. on for them when I leave the house.They have never been destructive, so ive never had to worry about them hurting theirselfs or anything elese.But my house is baby proofed because of my grandchildren!
They have their toys & safe chews to keep them busy,but like K/C's Mom I think they sleep most the time! Cause they sure are raring to go when I GET HOME!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey has two cat brothers. She keeps them entertained. She and my cat Spoozie get along great...play together, sleep together. The other cat is old (16) so he sleeps most of the time, except when Lacey wants to box with him. This cat weighs 29 pounds (no he is not overweight, just a huge cat) and he is afriad of little Lacey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.