Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell? Does it go by the type of coat your dog has? I actually picked up this flea comb/brush combo from a website but after reading what some have said about balls on the tips of brushes (and how tiny those teeth are on the comb), i'm too afraid to use it. Also, what do you use around their faces? or do you not brush/comb there?

in any event, here's a pic of the combo I purchased...

HELP!
tx

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
You don't want a brush that has little plastic things on the end. This will tear the hair (not the correct term but I'm having a brain fart right now
).

I have a soft slicker brush, a pin brush, and a small (size of your palm) steel comb.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i use a greyhound comb with fine on one end and medium on the other end. and a slicker brush. i use a comb on their face and body to get the knots out...and a slicker brush to just brush them through.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Violet's Mom@Aug 22 2005, 03:24 PM
How can you tell?  Does it go by the type of coat your dog has?  I actually picked up this flea comb/brush combo from a website but after reading what some have said about balls on the tips of brushes (and how tiny those teeth are on the comb), i'm too afraid to use it.  Also, what do you use around their faces?  or do you not brush/comb there?

HELP!
tx
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93131
[/QUOTE]

You don't use a brush with balls on the ends as they catch and tear out the coat.

If you keep a puppy cut, a soft slicker and comb will do you just fine. For faces, I use a pin brush on the longer coat and a flea or fine comb for the corners of the eyes.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
The A#1 All Systems soft white pad 27mm pin brush is probably the best one to get.

http://www.cherrybrook.com/store/ProductDe...productID=50014

I have recently switched to the Chris Christensen Gold Series pin brush, but that's because Lady has a thicker, cottony coat. Since Dash is much better bred than Lady, hopefully he will have a proper silky coat.

I have a couple of the A#1 slickers, but Lady hates them. I just broke down and ordered the Chris Christensen slicker which is supposed to be super gentle, so hopefully Lady will tolerate it better. (She'd better for $25 plus $7 shipping!)

You must be so excited! When does Dash come home?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts