Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To say it is pouring would be an understatement. This is Little C's first typhoon since switching to an entirely outdoors bathroom (her idea, not mine). She doesn't like to pee in the rain, but usually will. She refuses now. How long until there is bladder damage? She gave me a dirty look when I pointed out the piddle pad I set up for her. Rubbing her belly just puts her to sleep.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Can you confine her to an area and put pee pads down everywhere and wait and don't let her out until she goes? She will go eventually...after she's eaten right? Her stomach will be full, put pressure on her bladder? I don't know.

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think she peed in the bathroom! Perhaps all that time spent watching
Sir N pee there has paid off!
I went in and there was a lot of pee on the floor.
Sir N pees on the wall next to the drain.
This wasn't in his current favorite location.
AND, she quit doing that whining mournful bit while looking out the window.
She must have peed in the bathroom!!!!!
I have wanted her to learn to do that for just about forever!
I'm so proud of her!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
just as a note, if she will not pee in a typhoon and I'm not sure I could blame her :lol: try rubbing a very warm cloth on her youknowwhat, this will sometimes stimulate the "movement"

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
You know that is great that she is going in the bathroom for you, we often go downstairs into the basement when the weather is really stormy here and of course we can't go outside so we are trying to get Scooby to use pee pads down there. Once we were down there and he was yipping at us and we just thought it was the storm bothering him so we didn't take any notice, well we paid for that, he went and found a corner and did his business there. Of course we couldn't tell him off because he was obviously trying to tell us, so now we have pee pads there where he went in hope that he will go there from now on if he can't go outside. We haven't had the usual weather here as we have been in a drought now all summer so I guess we will have to wait for the test to see if it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts