Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a purse from Juicy Couture and Dooney and Bourke that Molly fits into. Unfortunately they are soft bottoms, so she sags in the purses. What do you do to turn a reg purse into a doggy purse?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
So I bought a purse from Juicy Couture and Dooney and Bourke that Molly fits into. Unfortunately they are soft bottoms, so she sags in the purses. What do you do to turn a reg purse into a doggy purse?

Thanks!
Great question!! I haven't found a carrier yet that looks like a purse ... and haven't found a purse that Poppy wouldn't drown in.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
4,026 Posts

Thanks!
I buy a doggie purse. LOL Trust me, I've tried with the Juicy purses and my Gigi was much more comfortable in her doggie one(and it almost looks better.... :whistle:)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
If you place a rigid piece of thin plywood type material,it will work. Something about the thickness of backing baord for a picture frame,1/8 th inch. cut to fit in the bottom of a purse will work. Idid that for a cloth carry all bag to keep it from sagging in the middle.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
As Jennifer mentioned above, the Kwigy Bo carriers actually look like purses and have lots of side pockets to fill up with stuff.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Go to JoAne Fabric or Michael's Crafts. Buy the most ridgid plastic canvass the size of the bottom that you want ( its trim-able with a scissors) then depending on your desire. Make a cover for it.....like a pillowcase of fabric. I would use the pre-quilted fabric as it would make a slight cushion. You could make several covers for the "floor". And the entire floor and cover are all washable. They might even work in more than one bag if the sizes are close. Good luck. If you do not sew you might be able to do this whole project with the iron on seam tape.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone for your replys. I'll have to look online for the Kwigy Bo carriers. I stopped buying dog carriers cuz they never had enough pockets. Now I want to return the D&B bag.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If you want a carrier that looks like a purse you should look at the Kwigy Bo carriers. I just got one for Sophie. They have lots of pockets so you can carry your wallet, keys, and whatever else you want. Here is a pic of the one we have...
Jennifer, did you buy directly from their store, or somewhere else?

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
707 Posts
A few years ago my husband bought my daugher a designer bag for her 18th birthday. Its the kind that looks like an old fashioned doctor's bag. Anyway, there was no bottom to it and the whole thing just sagged. What I did to fix this is I went to staples and bought a poster board. The kind that hase foam in the middle and its about 1/4 of an inch thick. I took it home cut it to fit in the bottom of her bag and then I glued a dark fabric to it so that it looked nice and neat. Its held up pretty well considering my daughter shoves absolutely everything in her bag.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Let me know if you want me to give you the name of him! :)
Yes, if you could please send me his contact info in a PM I'd appreciate it!!

HUGz! Jules

1 - 14 of 14 Posts