Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

How long for your baby to recover from spay/neuter

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jac 
Originally posted by mmforever@Jun 17 2005, 03:10 PM
Just curious how long recovery is.  Molly is eating normally.  Her poo sometimes is harder than normal and still not as energetic.  Besides that, everything else is fine.

I want to walk her, but not sure if I should.  I keep forgetting to ask the vet all these ?'s.  So here I go to the real experts - most everyone on this site.

-Should I walk her
I did not let chelsey outside around the block until her stiches were out.  She was able to go out in our back yard.  I was just worrried.

-Should I let her play with her chew toys
deffinetly, she will enjoy it.
-Should I give her normal amounts of food
The first two day they are not suppost to eat to much or drink to much water.
you have to brake the meals up in the small portion like when you first brough her home as a puppy.  After day two they eat as normal
-What should I clean her with, since I can't bathe her for about 2 weeks
Wipe and rince shampoo
-Should I carry her most of the time
I guess that is up to you.  We had a lot of stairs in our home an chelsey was not good with the stairs to begin with. So i carried her up and down the stairs for a few days. Even out side our back yard as we have a deck.  I did want her to slip.
-Can I play with her a little
Oh yes, you can play just not ruff.  Our vet said for the fist few days try to keep her still which was really hard to do.
I have to write down questions as I take care of her, cuz I know I keep having questions.  I asked the vet general questions, but I just wanna be sure I'm doing the best I can for Molly.

Thanks for your help,
mm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73424
[/QUOTE]

This is your time to really spoil your puppy. Enjoy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.