Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Sunny is about 9 months old now and a few weeks ago his coats started doing that thing were it changes and matts really easy. Well how much longer is this gonna last? I am brushing him out everyday and everyday he is full of matts, tonight i found a big one under his chin that i ended up having to cut out (i tried for like over and hour to get it) and now he looks so goofy lol. Ijust want to know becuase if it is going to be much longer i am gonna cut all his hair short.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I would put him in a teddy/puppy cut and start over if you are already cutting mats out of him. My reasoning here is that when you cut the mats, you have hair of 2 different lengths growing which itself creates more mats. I just bathed more frequently during this period as really clean hair doesn't mat as much. It also helps if you brush to the skin and go through the coat with a comb to be sure you got it all.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by JMM@Apr 4 2005, 08:11 PM
I would put him in a teddy/puppy cut and start over if you are already cutting mats out of him. My reasoning here is that when you cut the mats, you have hair of 2 different lengths growing which itself creates more mats. I just bathed more frequently during this period as really clean hair doesn't mat as much. It also helps if you brush to the skin and go through the coat with a comb to be sure you got it all.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49008
[/QUOTE]

Alright that will be my weekend project, cut Sunny's hair short. I have been going threw with a comb so i do get everything which is why its so frustrating to find so many more the next day.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Try the Bless the Beasts pomade..... that stuff is really great with mats and with making it easier to get a comb and brush through thick cottony hair (which Catcher has.)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Apr 4 2005, 08:24 PM
Try the Bless the Beasts pomade..... that stuff is really great with mats and with making it easier to get a comb and brush through thick cottony hair (which Catcher has.)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49015
[/QUOTE]
can i get that at like a normal pet store out would i need to order it? I am using i think its called mircal coat spray in conditioner it works alright but it smells awful!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521+Apr 4 2005, 08:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Apr 4 2005, 08:24 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49015
can i get that at like a normal pet store out would i need to order it? I am using i think its called mircal coat spray in conditioner it works alright but it smells awful!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49018
[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about which stores might carry it. I ordered mine from QVC.. it came in a set.... It is in a tube and it is great stuff. Here is the link to QVC... all the items in this kit are great....

Bless the Beasts Detangling Set

Here is the info:

"QVC Price $19.00
Introductory Price $17.18
Shipping and Handling $4.72
Save! Buy two or more and save on S & H. Click here for details.

Pamper your pet with this three-piece grooming kit from Bless the Beasts by Bo Derek. Specially formulated with exotic botanicals, the trio is designed to help detangle fur while it cleans and conditions for a soft, shiny finish. The fine fragrance spray helps keep your pet smelling fresh by neutralizing odors between cleanings."

Made in USA.
17-fl oz detangling shampoo
4-fl oz fur polish pomade
4-fl oz fine fragrance spray

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
The Bless the Beasts detangling products are great, but I vote for a short cut to save your sanity while he is losing his baby coat. With the warm weather coming (it's already here in North Carolina - going to be 80 the next few days!), it's a perfect time for summer 'do!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts