Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I will have had my Maltese a week this Sunday. She came with a practically bare fully matted tail and a yellow back end. Two baths later, the hind end is a lighter shade of yellow and her back is Snow white. How long until the yellow grows out and she gets her tail back? Because honestly, she's adorable but I don't want to send pics of her like this.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh sweetie bless your heart for saving her. It will take a while for her hair to grow and the staining to go away. There are products out their like spalavish that may help diminish the staining. We would still love to see pictures of you little girl so we can watch her blossom. It's amazing what good loving care will do for her. We have all seen some precious malts in absolutely horrible conditions..then we see what the love does for them.:wub: What is your little girls name by the way?

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
She'll be a beautiful in no time!! What love and care does is amazing! We would love to see pictures for sure! I bet she is beautiful!!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Sounds like you are taking wonderful care of your new sweetheart!
She'll be sparkly white soon.

Would a Brightening shampoo help with the yellow?
Maybe someone could recommend a natural one.
I have used the NuHemp Botanicals Omega Sudz.
It is great!

Feel free to post pics, I'll bet she is adorable.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
My daughter adopted a little rescue maltese 8 yrs. ago who was in terrible condition----he was like the "ugly duckling" who w/love, good food and patience turned into "prince charming." It is always a miracle what love does!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I'm not sure a whitening or brightening shampoo would be a good move at this point since the hair has been damaged due to neglect. I would just keep her clean and conditioned. Soon the stains will begin to fade and the hair will grow. Make sure she is getting proper nutrition as that can mean a lot too. Hugs to you for taking this baby in and loving her.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Aww, the poor little thing!! Bless you for taking her in! Please don't be embarrassed to post pictures of her, I would love to see her.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'm not sure a whitening or brightening shampoo would be a good move at this point since the hair has been damaged due to neglect. I would just keep her clean and conditioned. Soon the stains will begin to fade and the hair will grow. Make sure she is getting proper nutrition as that can mean a lot too. Hugs to you for taking this baby in and loving her.
Would a natural one damage the hair more?
I was hesitant about a whitening one but thought the one we use might be okay? :unsure:
I know that you would be the one to ask about products,
as you groom your Cosy baby wonderfully and have experience.

The NuHemp Botanicals says it doesn't contain any bleaching ingredients.
The ingredients are:
Purified Botanical Water (Infused with Certified Organic Alfalfa, Chamomile, Echinacea, Nettle & Red Clover) Foaming Agents (Saponified Coconut Oil) Violet Colour, Vegetable Glycerin, Botanical Tree Essences, Orange Peel Oil Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Colloidal Oatmeal.

And to Missmaltese: that is a very cute user name!
Her hair will grow in with time and your love. :wub:

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
Take piccies we'd all love to see her and watch her blossom. Mine were pretty nasty looking when I got them too,but now they look so much better.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I got a rescue Maltese about a year ago. She also had yellow areas. Each grooming and bath, her coat got better and better. Mostly, you do just have have to wait for it fade and new hair to grow out. Please post pictures, we would love to see her. This is a picture of Cassie on day two at my house. It's hard to tell, but she did have a lot of yellow on her ears and backside. With good food and grooming she now has a beautiful white coat.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Her name is Tinkerbell. I don't see the link to upload an image.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Her name is Tinkerbell. I don't see the link to upload an image.

What a cute name!!!As for posting pics. If you use photobucket one of are members posted a thread on how to post pics. Or when your posting
you need to scroll down, there are additional options. You have to go to manage attachments. If you are uploading from you computer only to a few at a time or you will receive an error. Hope this helps..Look forward to seeing pics of Tinkerbell!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here she is:

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She's four.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Tinkerbell is so lucky to have found you. She will blossom in no time and be a real beauty. How wonderful to give her a furever home with love and everything that she needs to thrive. :) Can't wait to watch her throughout the next 6 months or so.

Reva -- I had forgotten what Cassie looked like when you got her. See how gorgeous she is now. That's how I picture her -- all from your love. :)

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
What a lucky little girl she is to have found you! I am so excited to see what time and love will do for her! Keep posting. hugs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts