Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so how many toys does your fluff have? What kind of toys do they like best and do they have favorites? Last count, we were down to 34 toys as we had to throw some out. My girls prefer the soft, furry toys with the squeakers. They each have their favorites. Lily's favorite is a monkey that she likes to swing around by the tail and Rosie's is actually a cat toy. It is a large saucer with a lighted ball in a track. She loves to make it spin around. She also loves her little pink fur bone. It is funny to watch them root around in their little toy box looking for what they want.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
:brownbag: The entire 1,000,000 toys (that may be an exageration) belong to the only yorkie in our house.....just ask him. :blink:

Abbey may pick one up and toss it around once in a while, but Tink "needs" them. There's some sort of toy in his mouth at all times. He does not play, he doesn't know how to play. They are his stress relief.

No one else seems to want to deprive him of his toys. :wub:

Every once in a while I have to go outside and gather a dozen of them up by the fence and wash them. :w00t:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Bailey loves his furry squeaky toys as well! He has A LOT and his favorite one is a monkey too :) I love buying him toys (I always loved stuffed animals growing up so I think that may be part of the reason hehe).

He also loves these little tennis balls by Kong that are in bright colors and have squeakers in them. And he really enjoys the Hide A Squirrel and Hide A Bee toys.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Yes, too many to count. What I do though, and I got the idea from Linda, Bonnie'sMommie, at the end of the year I donate them to the Humane Society of NY from where my Crisse came from.
xoxoxoxoxoxoo

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
So many I keep new ones at work until they look worn so hubby doesn't notice LOL

Soda's current favorite is still his blue-spotted cow stuffie that Grandma Sue sent! That is the only toy he wants to play with. But Sue, really, did you have to get the indestructible squeaker?

Roo's favorite is his kitty pig stuffy...but he plays with lots of toys. His froggy from Grandma Sue is a popular one. He likes the bungee toy Soda won recently. Eh...if you can play with it Roo probably will.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
We used to keep a lot of toys around until I noticed that they play with only one or two and ignore the rest. So they have 2 toys each. I buy all of my doggie toys from WestPaw Design. They are made in USA, non-toxic, and eco-friendly.

I'm saving up for some Nina Ottosson toys - so they can use their brains!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
We used to keep a lot of toys around until I noticed that they play with only one or two and ignore the rest. So they have 2 toys each. I buy all of my doggie toys from WestPaw Design. They are made in USA, non-toxic, and eco-friendly.

I'm saving up for some Nina Ottosson toys - so they can use their brains!

We have dog beds from West Paw that we love!
The pups were crazy chewers and would destroy most dog beds...:w00t:
But West Paw makes some great mats!
We have the Giraffe and Zebra mat, pretty indestructible.

As for toys...I have never counted,
but the pups could probably tell you exactly!
Prob over a hundred, but I rotate them.
The favs: A stuffing free raccoon, A big fleece bone, the head of a teddy bear, a Whoozit, and a cat toy: ball on a stick.

Coco plays with toys constantly.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Howdy All: I hope you are well.

Bibi has one toy that she plays with. It is a orange round rubber thing with a pair of feet and a couple of spikes on it. It squeaks as well. She loves it.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
We have dog beds from West Paw that we love!
The pups were crazy chewers and would destroy most dog beds...:w00t:
But West Paw makes some great mats!
We have the Giraffe and Zebra mat, pretty indestructible.

As for toys...I have never counted,
but the pups could probably tell you exactly!
Prob over a hundred, but I rotate them.
The favs: A stuffing free raccoon, A big fleece bone, the head of a teddy bear, a Whoozit, and a cat toy: ball on a stick.

Coco plays with toys constantly.

We have 3 of the West Paw Zebra mats and they are wonderfully made. They don't have the Zebra pattern anymore, so I bought 2 more in Charcoal. The fluffs love them.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Tyler has about 20 that I can think of. His favorites are Camel (who seems to have suffered a broken neck :new_shocked:), pink monkey (who just split a seam :w00t:), alligator, some pet stages toys that are great, an ice cream cone squeaky toy from Kona (made in USA). He drops them in front of me to throw, but Tyler and my husband play tug of war with some. He also has a crazy cat toy that I got and he loves to torment that darn cat. :aktion033:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Spookie has a variety, but seems to prefer the latex squeeky ones, easier to squeek and drive me nuts. The absolute best toy to her (and it's free) is a hunk of Spanish moss. She gets the zoomies, shreds it, barks and growls with it, and tries to bring it in the house. Like it's not stuck all over her fur!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Oh I don't even want to know hahahah. Probably over 20 and he's only 10 months old! I feel bad because I think he has more toys than Andy had. However, Andy would play with his one and ONLY Buddy (gingerbread looking fleecy toy), that now resides on my pillow in bed with me :wub:
And so I'd quit buying him toys because they'd just get ignored. I mean I did every once in a while. But he actually enjoyed the cats toys better to be honest.

But Nelson LOVES ALL toys. So I find I'm always buying more haha. He has his favorites. And he does have some of Andy's that are basically in brand new condtion, even though they are 15 years old! So they are finally getting played with at least. And now I've been buying some but keeping them for his birthday in a few months, haha.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I'd have to count but guessing we have over 100 ,so that's shared between 5 fluffs so I guess that's on the borderline of spoiled.... enough,they're practically carpet on the tile floor and that's not all of them out at once,maybe half at a time and we rotate....
They have certain favourites that I end up having to resew.
They love the little stuffed dog squeekies and a grasshopper squeeky,they squeek the easiest and loudest. Emily just loves her little green latex martian or alien,it's her fave latex.The other is a long legged giraffe looking criter.
Each one has their pile or stash o' squeekies and they do regular pillage and plunder raids on each others stashes,like pirates... Cracks me up.We also have to frisk and confiscate squeekies from Sasha and Bitsy at potty time or we'll be picking up squeekies off the lawn....they drag them out,potty and forget them sometimes...

Why do our fluffs have so many...do we buy for them or us? Nothing cuter than a fluff w/ their head tossed up high ,holding a toy in their mouth..

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I have REALLY worked hard to consolidate London & Preston's toys. I think they probably have around 20 left, if I had to take a guess. In fact, just yesterday I sorted through them and gave my husband a bag of toys that they don't play with to take to his co-workers dogs!

Preston's favorite toys include a cat toy that is a little bird that chirps (I made a post about it once), and he also adores the Dr. Noys tiny toys (bear, duck, & frog) that we've named Brownie Bit, Howard P. Duck, and Froggy. lol

London's favorite toys are the mini squeaky tennis balls, although she tends to break the squeaker after a short period of time and then they just aren't as interesting. lol She also loves any toy that has a voice, whether it giggles or makes an animal sound. She has a giggling cupcake, a bunny that says "I love you", a rooster, a fish that makes a bubbling sound, and an elephant. She also loves a toy that is named Rita Polkapants (that is the toys' real name, seriously, lol) that we've had to repair several times.

London's ultimate favorite toys are ones she is sooooo gentle with, one we call Green Bunny (which is exactly that, we also call it her baby). She will seek out Green Bunny and frantically try to hide it in a good spot...she will pace around the house digging in her beds, lifting up blankets, etc until she finds a good spot to put Green Bunny. I love watching her do that. Her other favorite is Bitsy Bunny, which is a tiny bunny the size of the Dr. Noys toys but really flat, she takes such good care of her and knows her by name. Poor Bitsy Bunny, though, when Preston came along he wasn't so gentle with her and ripped her arms off! LOL

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Rocky's toy collection

Is way more than I intended it ever to be!:blush: But he does play with his toys a lot. He throws his stuffed toys around so much they land on top of the buffet or side table in the living room. His favorite is a fox and his rope. He has too many to count...I trip over them quite often because they are all over the house.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What an interessting topic and thanks for your posts.!:chili: I really enjoy hearing about how your fluffs play.:HistericalSmiley:I was curious about what kind of toys they like. I see a wide variety, but primarily, they seem to like the little furry toys with loud squeakers and a surprising number like cat toys, including mine. We bought the saucer with the ball thing for our cat, but the girls are the ones who play with it.:p

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
We have exactly 437. I counted them last night -- NOT. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:I made that up, but it sure seems like that many when I have to pick them up and return them to the toy box.:smrofl::smrofl:

Lacie has a very tiny mouth and has some toys that are specifically hers. She loves to throw her toys in the air and catch them.

Tilly loves to squeak her toys and sometimes drives me crazy :wacko1:as she just keeps on squeaking and squeaking and squeaking -- something like the Energizer Bunny. :w00t:

There is one toy that is Tilly's all time favorite. It is an odd shaped cow and I've had to sew it back together more times than I could count. No matter how far down in the toy box I put that one, she will hunt until she finds it. After all, it is her very favorite. :chili::chili:

Tilly loves for me to play with her and her toys. She likes me to throw them and she will bring them back to me. She also likes to play tug of war.

Lacie loves her very tiny stuffed toys, but prefers playing with the toys by her self.

I'm so glad that even through Lacie is now almost 6 and Tilly just turned 4, they both still enjoy playing with toys. Of course, they love romping with each other too. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts