Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am having a hard time finding out how much food I should be feeding my little Molly on a daily basis. She is currently 10wks, 1 3/4 lbs. We feed her three times a day. She gets 10 (x3) pieces of "Wellness" all natural puppy food. She goobles it right down. None of our books seem to give us the info we are looking for. The breeder left food out all day for the pups and couldn't really tell us an exact amount. We just don't want her being hungry at all in the early stages nor do we want her to be over fed and sick. Any thoughts?? Thanks for your time

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
on theirweb site there is an interactive feeding chart, there should be one on the bag also. the chart says you should be feeding a cup a day. so u can divide that into 3-4 feedings. hope this helps
congrats on ur new puppy !

·
Registered
489 Posts
When I first started with Maltese I learned thet if I left their food down all the time that they would graze throughout the day. I wasn't comfortable with the way they inhaled their food when if I only fed them at certain times of the day.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Jun 6 2005, 10:19 AM
When I first started with Maltese I learned thet if I left their food down all the time that they would graze throughout the day. I wasn't comfortable with the way they inhaled their food when if I only fed them at certain times of the day.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69561
[/QUOTE]
I also feed at certain times because it helps keep Lexi stay on a schedule for when she has to poop and pee.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 6 2005, 10:35 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-adorableaccentsdogbows.com
@Jun 6 2005, 10:19 AM
I also feed at certain times because it helps keep Lexi stay on a schedule for when she has to poop and pee.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69574
[/B][/QUOTE]
A lot of people do feed on a schedual but I had a pup almost choke to death because she was eating too fast. Ever since I started leaving the food down all of my dogs and pups are very relaxed eaters. It may make it harder to train them, (although that hasn't been the case for me) but I feel that it's worth it. We all havec to do what we feel is right for our own babies

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com+Jun 6 2005, 10:41 AM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 6 2005, 10:35 AM

[/QUOTE]
A lot of people do feed on a schedual but I had a pup almost choke to death because she was eating too fast. Ever since I started leaving the food down all of my dogs and pups are very relaxed eaters. It may make it harder to train them, (although that hasn't been the case for me) but I feel that it's worth it. We all havec to do what we feel is right for our own babies

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69579
[/B][/QUOTE]
Oh, Lexi has never inhaled her food. She is a slow eater. It usually takes her about 15-20 minutes to eat 1/4cup of food.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 6 2005, 10:55 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 6 2005, 10:35 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69579
Oh, Lexi has never inhaled her food. She is a slow eater. It usually takes her about 15-20 minutes to eat 1/4cup of food.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69587
[/B][/QUOTE]
It was a figure of speach but I'm sure you get the point. Every dog is different. Just like people some of us eat faster than others. Hopefully sharing what works for us and sharing our experiences can benifit others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts