Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I just got MuShu this weekend. I'm going to be @ home with him all day for a month. However, I will be going back to work after this month. Question #1: How often should I play with him now so that he won't be in shock after this month that I'm not home all day. He's in the kitchen now with a baby gate and he can see me doing some work. Quesion #2 is: Is that good enough or should I be physically playing with him?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I would say play with him as much as you want for the month. You need to get him ready for you to go back to work, so try starting by leaving him alone for 5 minutes at a time every few hours the first day. Add 5/10 minutes a day. By the last week he should be used to be alone for however long you are going to be gone at work.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 31 2005, 11:56 AM
I would say play with him as much as you want for the month.  You need to get him ready for you to go back to work, so try starting by leaving him alone for 5 minutes at a time every few hours the first day.  Add 5/10 minutes a day.  By the last week he should be used to be alone for however long you are going to be gone at work.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67182
[/QUOTE]

I agree...

If he is like most of our babies...he will sleep while you are at work anyway!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree...

[/B]
Oh Ok. But if he sleeps all day, will he be able to sleep at night?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
He'll sleep fine at night
It's surprising how much sleep these guys need. I say, go for it and play to your heart's content!
Dogs get into routines really quickly and like Lexi's mom said just build up the amount of time he's alone. Congrats!! I'm so happy to hear that MuShu is finally home! :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by DiDi@May 31 2005, 01:35 PM
I agree...

Oh Ok. But if he sleeps all day, will he be able to sleep at night?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67214
[/B][/QUOTE]

Mine sleeps JUST fine!!!
Sometimes he is not ready to get up when I do! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts