Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bathe Angel once a week. I would like to bathe him more often, is it true that as long as I use a good quality shampoo and conditioner, it's not going to affect his health (which is the last thing I want). I hate those dry clean powder. I like a conventional bath because he'll be so fluffy and clean after that.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The only reason why I'd bath them more often than every week is if they got really muddy. But otherwise, they smell pretty clean for a long time. You risk drying up their skin and hair. Most people bath their babies every week. But it really is recommended to do it even less frequently than that. In the winter time, you really want to stretch their bath time farther apart than every week.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
JMM, I have read about keeping a dog in oil, but I could never really figure out the specifics...could you give a description? I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Keeping a dog in oil means you bathe as usual and then pour a diluted oil mixture over the dog, then dry. It protects the coat from damage. The problem is it will dry the coat out if not bathed out frequently enough (this is why I don't recommend using a grooming spray with oil). Oil can also be difficult to bathe out. Taking a dog out of oil permanently can be a bit of a pain as well. I wouldn't put a pet in oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts