Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Jan 12 2005, 12:34 PM
I am just curious. I groom Tini everyday, but I only bath her like once every 2-3 weeks.... she doesn't go outside though, so she doesn't get dirty.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29251
[/QUOTE]

I chose other because it really depends. I try to give her a bath once a week so sometimes she gets a bath once a week. But then sometimes I get lazy and she only gets a bath once every 2-3 weeks. Then there are the times like in NC where she got two baths in one week. So I guess I give her a bath once a week, once every 2-3 weeks and whenever she's dirty lol.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm TRYING to stretch it to every 2 weeks. But mine go outside so you never know what they'll be rolling into.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
During the summer I was giving Lexi a bath every 7-10 days. Now that it is colder out I'm trying to stretch it to every 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Jan 12 2005, 11:34 AM
I am just curious. I groom Tini everyday, but I only bath her like once every 2-3 weeks.... she doesn't go outside though, so she doesn't get dirty.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29251
[/QUOTE]

I have Tessa professionally groomed every 3-4 weeks and like Tini, she doesn't go outside where she would get really dirty... sometimes we walk on the sidewalk. I do have to wash her hiney once in a while though... and her feet if they get dirty looking. Hve you noticed, these Maltese never have a doggie odor?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
geez, i havent bathed any of them for 2 months.....and before that it had been like 7 months. LOL. thank god they dont smell.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Once a week. When I kept M in show coat, it was more like every 5 days. I didn't wrap or oil him so bathing frequently was a must. I can't stand leaving them longer than a week as they feel dirty even if they don't look it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I only give Tuffy a bath if he's getting dirty. He doesn't go outside very often so he really can go a while between baths. I never really keep a schedule, basically if hops up into bed and he smells a little funky, he gets a bath the very next day. But I do wipe his paws with baby wipes every couple of days and I also spray him with spray in conditioner or between bath sprays and that keeps him fresh.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Every week and after about 5 days I can't wait until it's time to do it again! And I wash Lady's face or use waterless shampoo daily, keep up with paws and any urine stains, etc.

I love a really clean good smelling dog!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I dont really bath sunny to often but he gets a lot of like half bath, like i wash his feet almost every other day and his butt if i see anything one it every so often i was just wipe his down with a wet towel lol its just easier for me that way i would like to give him a totaly bath every week but it takes like an hour and a half and i dont always have time so i said i bathe him when he is dirty.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Quick question to all you experienced furbaby Mom's and Dad's out there....how do you go about getting them use to a hair dryer ???

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Jan 13 2005, 10:55 AM
Quick question to all you experienced furbaby Mom's and Dad's out there....how do you go about getting them use to a hair dryer ???
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29472
[/QUOTE]

I think I was really lucky... I live in an apartment, and I have NO counter space in my bathroom so I usually blow my own hair dry on the floor in my bedroom in from of my stand up mirror. When I first got Tini she would crawl into the pocket of my bathrobe while I was on the floor.
She usually would just fall asleep, so she got used to the sound. Little by little, I would put warm air on her... She is great now. She sometimes likes to "lick" the air, but she doesn't mind the hair dryer at all! Good luck!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks Nataile! I was born and raised in Michigan, where are you at?? I lived in a small farming community outside of Detroit called "Washington", about 10 miles south of Romeo.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Jan 13 2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks Nataile!  I was born and raised in Michigan, where are you at??  I lived in a small farming community outside of Detroit called "Washington", about 10 miles south of Romeo.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29486
[/QUOTE]

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I grew up in Rochester Hills... then my parents moved to Bruce TWP/Romeo... and now I live in Rochester again!!!! What a small world!! I wish you still lived here, we could have a maltese meetup!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I grew up in Birmingham, but ended up in Rochester. It was many years ago, though. I hear it's completely changed in the 25 years since I've been there. When our family moved out there, friends and family thought we were pioneers going to new frontier!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jan 13 2005, 12:00 PM
I grew up in Birmingham, but ended up in Rochester. It was many years ago, though. I hear it's completely changed in the 25 years since I've been there. When our family moved out there, friends and family thought we were pioneers going to new frontier!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29492
[/QUOTE]

haha that is so funny! My Dad has lived in Rochester from the time he was 10 till he was 48. Now it is "too much of a city" so him and my parents moved on to Romeo... which at first we were like "all the way up there?" But now, it seems so close because there is so much going up to get there!!!
Wow, my area is hoppin!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts