Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Emma is 26 months and she sleeps 8 hours at night and takes at least 2 daytime naps of 2 hours each- so about 12 + hours total

Mimi & Twinkle are 10 months and 7 months and they sleep more than Emma. About 8-10 hour at nightime and two 2-4 hour naps. So 16-18 hours/24 hours.

They have 3-4 very active times a day separated with naps.

Twinkle , Emma (and now Bleu Jade) have yard playtime "run time". Mimi's 1 on 1 time in playing in the house as I am trying to keep her show coat in good condition. She gets time outdoors 1 time a weekend right before her bath and she is a Maniac that LOVES running around on the grassy lawn. The dog handler would not be happy but we want her to enjoy being a dog too.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Bellas 7 - she will sleep from about 11:30 - 7am and prob has about an hour or 2 in the day if we were to add it all up. Floee has just turned one, she prob sleeps the same as bella at time and maybe an hour in the ay and mya is going to be one in may. She sleeps from 11:30 and normally wakens to ply about 3ish! Thankfully she goes back to sleep but it ready to get up from 6:30 - she prob has an hour to an hour and ahalf if we add up her little naps

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, mine is 9 months and sleeps from 10 till 7 am, then from 10 till about 12.30 then from about 3 till 5 with other little naps inbetween. I am trying to gauge if it is normal for malts of different ages to sleep for long periods in the day time. Its to pacify myself because I am going to leave her home alone for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon a few days a week and I hope she uses most of that time up to sleep... I hope anyway.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Romo is 7mths old. At night he sleeps 10+ hours. During the day he cat naps all day long. Never a full 1,2 or more hours like some others. He always wakes and gets up if I leave the room. I wish he would just stay napping, I feel bad that he follows me around.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Bisou is 15 months old and sleeps a full 8-9 hours each night (as long as I do..when I wake up she's up). During the day, she likes to sleep a lot. After breakfast/her morning routine, she goes back to sleep for a few more hours and then she'll take a nap or two in the afternoon.

I'm sure your 9month old will be asleep during the 3 hours or so that you're not at home.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Cosy sleeps about 8 hours a night and dog naps all day (cat??). Evening seems to be her most active self.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Louis is 16m and he sleeps ALOT. I think 8-10 hours a night and then he naps all day while I'm in class. He's most active in the afternoon and evening but I think he gets a good 16-18 hours a day.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Rocky is 6 months old and sleeps almost all day on and off. In the evenings he comes alive and wants to play tugging his rope with us and running around. I take him for daily walks.
He slept better when he was younger! He sleeps from 10:00 to 3:30 or 4, goes out to potty and then sleeps till 5:30 or maybe till 6 am. In the morning he goes by the patio door and barks at all the birds.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Delilah is 21 weeks (5 months on the 16th) She sleeps from 10/11pm-until 7-7:30 am. she takes 3-4, 2 hour naps through out the day.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
My pups and I go to bed around 9 pm and get up at 5:30 or 6am. Stan says they mostly nap during the day while I'm at work. Unless something outside needs to be barked at, of course.

But they're usually up when I'm home....waiting for a walk, a treat, a meal, some attention, or some coveted lap time. :wub: What a life....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts