Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ponyo has had some ear problems and is currently on meds. The vet said not to bathe her for two weeks, so im wondering how is the best way to go about cleaning her eyes. They are quite dirty since we are growing out her hair for the winter. She had lots of crusty dirty hair under her eyes. Should I hold a warm washcloth over them? use a gentle baby soap? or does someone have more ideas???

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Personally, I'd give her a bath and immediately clean and medicate the ears afterwards. I think its very strange the vet would tell you not to bathe unless there is something more than an infection going on...

·
Registered
8 Posts
i personally clean by boy's crusty eye hair with warm water and a child's toothbrush (solely used for this purpose alone)

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Personally, I'd give her a bath and immediately clean and medicate the ears afterwards. I think its very strange the vet would tell you not to bathe unless there is something more than an infection going on...
Probably to avoid getting water in the ears? Some vets have very strange comments/instructions :HistericalSmiley:

I would use a washcloth to wash her face :thumbsup:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry to hear Ponyo's ears are hurting her!! :(
I'm sure a washcloth would work well. Have you tried eye wipes on her? I use the Earthbath eye wipes for Bailey and they work pretty well for him. I got them from my local holistic pet store. Here's a link to the product on Earthbath's website:
Eye Wipes :: earthbath® - totally natural pet care
Yes I use these too, I like all there stuff, I also use the hypo allegic wipes in between baths..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you thank you everyone! :) I thought the no bath thing was weird to. Her head is so greasy looking from the drops going in her ears and from playing outside, she is amessy mess! I think im going to bathe tonight!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts