Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have two maltese/fluffs or three pictures that you want for them to appear in your one signature? have the pictures separately and wonder if you can make them appear side by side (next to each other) in one siggie of yours without relying on Photoshop software to combine them as one image?

Here is how you can do it:

but before starting, you gotta at least resize the two pictures to 300 pixels height. It wouldn't look nice if one image was longer in height than the other one. I normally don't care about resizing the width of the photo for signature because it automatically gets adjusted after I adjust the height @300 pixels.

Anyways, after resizing the height of the two pictures, here is what one can do:

Step 1: go to "edit Signature" under your User CP. Then click on "insert image" icon

Step 2: The bellow box will pop up

Step 3: In your Photobucket.com album (or where ever picture hosting websites you save your photos), copy the "Direct URL" link

Step 4: In SM, paste it in the box that popped up and hit "ok"

Step 5: It will magically land on your signature bar

Step 6: In the signature bar, leave one space after [/IMG], then click on "insert image" icon, then the pop up box will appear

(same process as inserting the first image)

Step 7: Copy the Direct URL link of the second image that you wanna add

Step 8: Paste it in the pop up box, then hit "ok"

Step 9: again, it will magically land in your signature bar. Notice, it landed a space right next to the first image (well, it shows that it landed bellow it actually, but it is only due to there is no space in the signature bar edit box. However, the finish will be side by side ;)
That is why, remember to leave a space as mentioned in Step 6

Step 10: Click on "Save Signature"

Step 11: The result! Here are the two monsters, side by side, in one signature :thumbsup:

That said, I usually combine the two pictures together in Photoshop as one image instead of inserting two separately, but both ways work :)

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Kat.......Thank you soooo much!!! Such a great tutorial for people that do not understand how to do it. Now, if I had some great pics of my two......I woul make a new siggy!!! Thank you again!!!!!:chili: :chili: :chili:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Wow Kat, you are one smart cookie. That is a great tutorial. I will print it out and keep it for future use. I don't have enough room in my brain to remember it all.:brownbag:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Kat, this is fantastic! Jung, can we make Kats tutorials a sticky somewhere? These will be so helpful for new members and others that struggle with this (like me!)

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Kat, this is fantastic! Jung, can we make Kats tutorials a sticky somewhere? These will be so helpful for new members and others that struggle with this (like me!)
I second that Pam!! We need it somewhere that we can get to quickly!!! Thanks so much Kat!!!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad that you found them useful guys :)

I second that Pam!! We need it somewhere that we can get to quickly!!! Thanks so much Kat!!!
Any suggestion at which forum section to put as a sticky?

·
Super Moderator
10,132 Posts
Kerry - I never could figure it out. I used PhotoShop to put the three pictures of my girls together so I could upload it.

Looking for other SMers who know how to do this?????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts