Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i need help, i have gone on a wild shopping spree on Ebay!!!!
i dont know what got into me, i have maxed out my credit card, (thats how bad i am) so what id like to do now is block my computer or settings or whatever from me going to the site, i have a few auctions that im bidding on, should i wait for them or the h*$% with them ?? But i definately have to not go to that site EVER, i cannot help myself . All the money has gone to buying Mit stuff, dresses, bows, collars , shirts, more dresses, more dresses. Please someone help me !!! i know nothing about those things , i hope this can be done, thanks all for reading.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
There are a couple of ways I can think that might work, but if you know them, if you cant help yourself you will eventually just let yourself back in I think.

If I were you, I would retract my bids in ebay. Its not the greatest but I wouldnt just leave those people hanging. Then, I would cancel your account, plain and simple. You can also cut up the credit cards until you pay them off.

Good luck but you are doing the right thing. Stick to your plan and stop it until you get your $ under control

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Any of the bids that have not closed yet, just retract your bid. Contact all the ones that did close and you won and ask them if you can retract your purchase. All those that already went through, you are going to have to just live with. Then after all that I would close your ebay account and shut down your pay pal if you have it and just use self control to not go back to ebay. I don't know how to block web sites so I would just have to use self control. Then put your credit cards (that are maxed out) in a container of water and freeze it! This way you still have the card and numbers just in case someone steals your numbers and uses them and you have to contest the purchase. This happened me my husband and I on a credit card we locked up and locked in a low interest rate because the card has alot of money on it. We were told that if we used it again the interest rate would shoot up so we locked it up and someone used it online! We had to contest it and get our rate back down and it would have been impossible if we cut up the card and didn't have the number.
Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The only reason to keep a card around is if you think you might need it sometime in an emergency. Thieves look in the freezers all the time and can easily thaw out your card. The better course of action is to cut the card in half, take a photocopy the two halves for your records and then destroy the card. Any unauthorized charges therefater made are easily contested. Most state's laws provide that once a consumer disputes a charge the burden of proof then shifts to the credit card company to prove that the cardholder in fact (i) made the charge, or (ii) was negligent in protecting the card from unauthorized use.

Some credit card companies will also agree to flag your card so that it cannot be used for mail order or internet charges. Those that provide this service generally call it a "must present" flag. It means that you must physically present the card to a cashier before a charge will go through.

Regards

Lucky (and Chloe's) Dad

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I suggest that you cancel your eBay account. I know how addicting eBay, qvc, etc. can be. I used to buy a lot from both but now never do. I'm not sure what changed but I just quit going there and quit watching. It sounds like you need to get ahold of your spending and get a budget. Set one up in Excel listing your spending and income and see what is left over... That would be the amount you can spend on fun things. I feel for you... I've been "there" myself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts