Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this in the mail from Dogwatch. It is a newsletter from Cornell's leading College of Veterinary Medicine. Does anyboyd know anything about this? I am debating as to whether or not to subscribe to it. Anyway, here is the recipe:

1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap. It doesn't say anything else other than to make sure your dog does not drink it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I received this in the mail from Dogwatch. It is a newsletter from Cornell's leading College of Veterinary Medicine. Does anyboyd know anything about this? I am debating as to whether or not to subscribe to it. Anyway, here is the recipe:

1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap. It doesn't say anything else other than to make sure your dog does not drink it.[/B]
it's also good for pet stains on the rug

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
i used to subscribe to dogwatch, for 2-3 years. i let my subscription run out, and while everything in it was fascinating, i just didnt find much i *needed* from it, if that makes sense. i kept them all in a binder, no less, all organized, and i think THAT gave me much more enjoyment. i'm weird like that.

overall, it's very informative though! i think it's pretty inexpensive enough that for a year, it might be worth trying out to see if you like it!

ann marie and the "even my RIBBONS are categorized, it's a sickness, we know" buttercup

·
Registered
404 Posts
i used to subscribe to dogwatch, for 2-3 years. i let my subscription run out, and while everything in it was fascinating, i just didnt find much i *needed* from it, if that makes sense. i kept them all in a binder, no less, all organized, and i think THAT gave me much more enjoyment. i'm weird like that.

overall, it's very informative though! i think it's pretty inexpensive enough that for a year, it might be worth trying out to see if you like it!

ann marie and the "even my RIBBONS are categorized, it's a sickness, we know" buttercup[/B]
I know exactly how you feel. I try to do a simple organization of things, and then all of a sudden those things that get organized need to be split up into individual groups and then they need to be in a certain order. Then you try to label them or color code them. If you color code them, they need to be labeled too, (or vice versa). With folding clothes, they have to be folded a certain way or else they need to be refolded. they have to be stacked and organized, mainly by the size they turn out when folded, but then you want to organize them also by which ones you wear more and color. When hanging up clothes, they have to be hung up by sleeveless, short sleeve, long sleeve, but then you have to go back and redo them not only by sleeve length, but by thickness and color. Okay do i sound like a freak? I hope not. My shoes are organized in my closet by the type and frequent wear.. Gosh I feel like I need to go home to clean and organize. Even my shampoo, conditioner, body wash, inshower lotion and all that crap is lined up by which one i use first and has to go back in the same place. When I shower I have a routine set up and EVERYTHING gets used in the same order every day. It's not that bad though, I'm sure this is nothing compared to others out there, right?

P.S.- I had to come back and capitalize things and check my grammar. Once I get started... you just don't know...

P.S. #2- I keep seeing things and I'm not going to keep coming back to correct them okay.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yah, a groomer said that that's a great home remedy. she said that the liquid dish soap has to be Ivory though...i dont know why. petsmart has a de-skunk package...it works pretty good. i never de-skunked gruffi when he got skunked, but the smell of him after 4 weeks is the smell of a dog after the deskunk package. but it takes forever---and you can only air dry. so the dogs there for like 4 hrs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have never had to use this but I have heard a tomato juice soak will get rid of the smell. Don't know if it would give the coat a reddish tint but it would wash out & would be worth it to get the smell out. Oh, I don't think it would hurt my baby if she swallowed some of it. Anyone ever hear of this before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts