Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our first Maltese. He is now 3.5 months old and the hair is hanging in his eyes but not quite long enough for a top knot. Any idea on what to do to keep it out of his eyes? Also, does any have a link to a video to demonstrate how to do a top knot? I saw that people need to change them every day and I'm worried it's too complicate for me to figure out but I really want to put one on him.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
I used baby clips (snap type mostly) to help keep Aviannah's hair out of her eyes while it was growing out. :unsure: I personally like to switch what I use in her hair to help avoid breakage. :blink: I use hair bands, snap clips, alligator clips, bows and mini claw clips. I do not have a lot of experience yet since she is my first maltese and just a little over a year old.

On you-tube there are a lot of videos showing how to do a proper top knot and I am sure some of the members here can give you some great advice too! :w00t:

·
Premium Member
20,085 Posts
Some sort of barrett for now, but work on it every day. ....just to get him used to it. When they finally get used to it and do what you want, life is so much easier

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is our first Maltese. He is now 3.5 months old and the hair is hanging in his eyes but not quite long enough for a top knot. Any idea on what to do to keep it out of his eyes? Also, does any have a link to a video to demonstrate how to do a top knot? I saw that people need to change them every day and I'm worried it's too complicate for me to figure out but I really want to put one on him.
My Wulfie is going on 9 months. I’ve been thinking it would be fun to give him a top knot. Post a pix of your fellow as you progress. I’d love to see how you grow out his bangs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts