Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thank you for the info. I have a seventeen year old son that I will get to watch this. I don't know for sure but I don't think my husband has even talked to him about any of this and my son is dating now and I don't want to end up with a grandchild from him at his age. My husband is his stepfather and feels uncomfortable about talking about things like this. I see so many young people around here getting theirselves into this situation.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I guess I was one of the lucky ones. When my son was 12 or 13 he and I sat down and had a talk about sex and feelings. We talked about things that make you feel good. Getting right down to it we were very open.

It was not a thing for just his dad to talk to him about. My son and I had a very straight forward talking relationship. From the time he was very young he knew he could talk to me about ANYTHING.

Most people wait TOO late to talk to their children about the birds and the bees. Now my son is a Dad and he has told me more than once I almost waited TOO LATE.

He plans on talking to his son younger than 12.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
That was pretty good. I am going to pass it along to my school counselor. It took me a minute to "recognize" the characters.
Sometimes I am a little slow.
When I did...I yelled out...OMG!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I was in second grade when my mother first gave me the sex talk. She didn't want me learning misinformation from anybody else. Every year or so, she'd bring it up to see how much I remembered and if I had any new questions. Thankfully, she was very explicit on matters of menstruation as I started rather young...eleven years old. I'd have freaked if I hadn't know immediately what it was.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My son and I sat down last night and watched it. He thought the characters were just so funny. He watched it several times. My son and I have a good relationship and he talks to me about most things. We just hadn't talked about sex until last night. He told me that when he was ready I would be the first to know and then he laughed at me. He told me that he didn't want me to show him any gross picture about STD'S. In his health class a couple of years ago the teacher showed them some pretty bad pictures and like I told him that young girls are not excluded from passing these on to you. I think he understands where I am coming from. He is starting to date and I just worry about him. My daughter is 22 and no children. It was just easier talking to her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts