Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of moving Tuffy to adult food... I've been putting about 1/4 cup of the adult food in with 3/4 cup of the puppy food.. But my problem is that he will pick out all the adult food pieces and leave his puppy food. He munches on the puppy food later in the day, but he's probably leaving a good 1/2 cup of puppy food in his bowl. I even tried mixing both foods in with some baby food but that didn't trick him, he still left the puppy food pieces in his bowl. What should I do?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
So he get a total of 1 cup a day?
Lexi only get 1/2 cup a day. That is the amount it says on the package.

My parent's dog did the same thing when we tried to gradually switch to a different brand. As soon as she had some of the new food she refused to eat the old food.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Dec 9 2004, 05:08 PM
So he get a total of 1 cup a day?
  Lexi only get 1/2 cup a day. That is the amount it says on the package. 

My parent's dog did the same thing when we tried to gradually switch to a different brand.  As soon as she had some of the new food she refused to eat the old food.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21735
[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I thought it was a lot too, but the vet said that it's the right amount for his size.. Despite eating that much puppy food he still is really thin, he plays A LOT so I guess he works it off quickly. The new dog food recommends 1/2 to 1 cup for dogs up to 10 pounds and he's 7 pounds.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
if he's only eating the adult food, thats fine. just watch his poo. he might have diahhrea if he does a rapid change. but if he's fine...thats great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts