Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
I think that might be by chance. I'd be very surprised if the ads depended on whether or not someone was logged in but mods would know better.

However, I'm pretty sure Admin can block some ads from showing up on SM regardless.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
You would be surprised at how different the forum looks when you're not logged in. BIG ads in the middle of everything. Much nicer to have an account and be logged in. :)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
You would be surprised at how different the forum looks when you're not logged in. BIG ads in the middle of everything. Much nicer to have an account and be logged in. :)

Oh certainly. I know signed in members don't see certain ad slots. Completely agreed.

But for the ad slots that we do see, which ad we see is not dependent on member or non member.

Now it's totally possible that the BYB ad you saw doesn't bid for the member only slot sizes (maybe they are too narrow, or maybe on SM non members are more eyeballs than members). Which is why it shows up only on those bigger slots on signing out.

Either way, I agree SM admins(not mods) should (and can) ban these ads. It makes it look like SM endorses them.

·
Super Moderator
10,186 Posts
If you see any ads for puppy mills or byb, please send a PM to ADMIN and let Yung know. He can block them.

·
Super Moderator
10,186 Posts
here is what I got today twice. It is link to puppy store, which I think is worst than just ByB
Instead of simply posting it here, please send a PM to ADMIN with the URL and Yung will remove it. These are added automatically but Yung can delete the ones we report.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Thank you Maggie for this reminder. I am usually logged in, so I happily do not see these ads but working together I hope we can keep them off SM for everyone, not just those of us who are members.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts