Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always let the little guys out onto my screened in back porch in the winter. They get some air and they run around and they bark at the neighbor's dogs ..lol. Today, Harry wasn't ready to come in when Teddy and Ben were, so I left him out there. I was right in the kitchen, but I believe that he's safe on the porch, so I wasn't watching him like a hawk.... but there was a huge bird in the yard that was watching him like a hawk!!!! :unsure: I have no idea what type of bird it was, but it was actually bigger than him. It flew away when i came out the door. We have hawks in our trees each summer, so I'm used to watching out for them, but this bird was a lot bigger than the red-tailed hawks that are usually around here and it was scary. It's wings made a loud noise when it took off. I don't think that there's any way that it could have gotten to Harry... at least not easily, but I'll definitely be on the lookout from now on. Scary!!!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
It is scary!!! I have my dogs outside in an xpen right now and I've been watching them like hawks - for the hawks, LOL.

Now I'm curious to know what kind of bird this was!

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is scary!!! I have my dogs outside in an xpen right now and I've been watching them like hawks - for the hawks, LOL.

Now I'm curious to know what kind of bird this was!
Me too. I wish that I would have gotten a picture, but he flew away too fast. It was a pretty bird, definitely not a buzzard... I've seen them around here before too.

·
Premium Member
13,437 Posts
I tend to forget about those birds in winter, thanks for the reminder, you don't know when they're around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts