Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some insect repellent but I am not sure what to get. Lexi likes to lick my legs sometimes and I am afraid to get something that could hurt her. Does anyone know of a product that is "better" to use around pets?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I read somewhere that there is a product for pets with cedar oil in it and that it can be used on humans as well. I think you can get it at PetsMart.

I only use "skin-so-soft" by Avon. I have used it for years and it works great. I have not used it on Tiki though, we don't spend much time outside as I am allergic to mosquitos and if they are biting I am inside.

Judi

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
While I was doing a marketing research report on cedar oil for a client I came across a recipe for a natural insect repellent for dogs:

1 cup water
4 drops Tea Tree Oil
4 drops Lavender Oil

Mix and spritz before going outside to potty, etc. You have to use it each time you go out the door with the dog. The only thing is, it can be expensive initially because you have to buy a bottle of each oil to get 4 drops but if it works the bonus is your baby smells nice, too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts