Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as we LOVE living on a tropical island, the humidity is terrible!
For malts what do you have to say? Obveously keep the hair short, but any other tips I could use!?
(Its April and so far we are at 92%. Summer in Okinawa goes on untill late October!)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of humidity. This is my first summer coming up with Rocky and it's so hot and dry here I am worried about that too.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
NC always has high humidity in the summer. It really gets draining after a while.....When it get past 95, I stay indoors......too humid~~

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
As much as we LOVE living on a tropical island, the humidity is terrible!
For malts what do you have to say? Obveously keep the hair short, but any other tips I could use!?
(Its April and so far we are at 92%. Summer in Okinawa goes on untill late October!)
:smheat: that is bad, I hope you have air conditioning. After 30 years in Houston, I know about humidity. I am glad I am out of it. For your malt ? short coat and keep him inside in the A/C as much as possible.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Nothing to worry about Dianne. Just don't go on walks with him during the hot months.
Thanks Janine...Do you leave him outside while you are out there? My grandchildren come to swim and I know he'll want to be outside with them. Just don't know for how long, even in shade with cool water.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Thanks Janine...Do you leave him outside while you are out there? My grandchildren come to swim and I know he'll want to be outside with them. Just don't know for how long, even in shade with cool water.
He is out with us but stays only as long as he likes too. He goes to the door when he wants to get in. Rocky might want to swim with your grand children. Being able to go in the water will cool him down. Watch out for hot concrete and pavers.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
He is out with us but stays only as long as he likes too. He goes to the door when he wants to get in. Rocky might want to swim with your grand children. Being able to go in the water will cool him down. Watch out for hot concrete and pavers.
And we have a lot of pavers around our pool. I wonder if we can get some booties or something for him. I'm enjoying this cooler weather right now. The heat is coming soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts