Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually shared this on Quora and thought that I should share it here as well!

My little Belle absolutely adores going out for walks but not for the walk itself. She loves all the attention that she gets.
When I go shopping the salespeople normally end up holding onto her (in their arms) as she basks in their aweing and ahhing whilst I shop.

Random people on the street will stop to pet her and very wisely tell me to never leave her alone (tied outside the grocery stores that usually don’t allow pets, which I would never do) as she’ll be immediately stolen. They even add the “where are the batteries?” Joke (cause she looks like a stuff toy). Honestly I’ve heard that so many times that now I just politely smile.

On days that we do a round and don’t find someone who’ll go gaga over her, she’ll try climbing on random people to get their attention (I 99% of the time try keeping her on a short leash because I understand that not everyone will find her cuddly and lovable and might not react well to her need for love).

In fact when people come to my house I ask them beforehand if they like dogs (so I know if I need to pick her up or if I can let her be), so far no one has minded her. Last week I had an electrician over checking a circuit in my kitchen. He was down on all fours giggling away as Belle had placed herself under his chest and was randomly licking his face.

“I need cuddles pweez.”
36A20841-408D-4A25-B025-CA3863B42D86.jpeg

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Yes, our maltese are truly amazing and oh so beautiful. They make excellent Therapy Dogs!
Belle sure fits that picture. 'm glad you share her with so many people and are getting her socialized. I might also suggest that when she is a bit older that you take her to puppy training classes. A well behaved trained maltese is an even bigger blessing for all to be around. 😊

Your story of the electrician reminded me of how one day when a big rough/tough looking heater repair guy came to my house. To my surprise within minutes he too was rolling on the floor with Abella and cuddling her. When I'm out shopping with her I put her in the shopping basket (where the babies go), on a special pretty mat. So many times people walk by and take a "double take" - Then tell me "she's real? I thought she was a stuffed animal."
🐶🐾🌻

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, our maltese are truly amazing and oh so beautiful. They make excellent Therapy Dogs!
Belle sure fits that picture. 'm glad you share her with so many people and are getting her socialized. I might also suggest that when she is a bit older that you take her to puppy training classes. A well behaved trained maltese is an even bigger blessing for all to be around. 😊

Your story of the electrician reminded me of how one day when a big rough/tough looking heater repair guy came to my house. To my surprise within minutes he too was rolling on the floor with Abella and cuddling her. When I'm out shopping with her I put her in the shopping basket (where the babies go), on a special pretty mat. So many times people walk by and take a "double take" - Then tell me "she's real? I thought she was a stuffed animal."
🐶🐾🌻
I have been looking for puppy socializing classes, but haven’t found anything yet. Her groomer, however, is also an animal therapist and trainer and he used to be a vets assistant before opening a grooming salon. So the best I’ve been able to do so far is book her for a grooming session every 2 weeks with him on his Maltese day. She basically spends every second week playing with 6-7 other Maltese who are there to be groomed as well. I leave her there for a few hours.

We do have two training schools, but they don’t seem to have puppy socializing classes.

Her groomer though has told me that she is an absolute delight, she’s very friendly with the other dogs and only barks at the people passing by the shop window.

I laughed picturing a big tough guy rolling on the floor cuddling with Abella. ❤

Also, I don’t know if I’ve said this before but I absolutely adore her two ponytails she looks beyond adorable!😘🥰

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
What a beautiful puppy! That situation with your groomer sounds like an ideal place to socialize her!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have been looking for puppy socializing classes, but haven’t found anything yet. Her groomer, however, is also an animal therapist and trainer and he used to be a vets assistant before opening a grooming salon. So the best I’ve been able to do so far is book her for a grooming session every 2 weeks with him on his Maltese day. She basically spends every second week playing with 6-7 other Maltese who are there to be groomed as well. I leave her there for a few hours.

We do have two training schools, but they don’t seem to have puppy socializing classes.

Her groomer though has told me that she is an absolute delight, she’s very friendly with the other dogs and only barks at the people passing by the shop window.

I laughed picturing a big tough guy rolling on the floor cuddling with Abella. ❤

Also, I don’t know if I’ve said this before but I absolutely adore her two ponytails she looks beyond adorable!😘🥰
How nice that your groomer has a Maltese day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts