Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hunting Season has officially started and while no one in THIS house hunts we live right near a very popular hunting trail as there are acres and acres behind us avaliable to those that do. So, when the air turns crispy and the leaves start falling we have to be VERY careful with Hunter in the backyard as he looks like a little white rabbit and while you CAN NOT hunt within X amount of feet of a home, I just don't trust some of these backwoods people (I mean, we did have a vice president who shot a friend while hunting).

Here is Hunter in his Safety Hunting Orange reminding everyone to STAY SAFE this Hunting Season!:police:
DSC05522.jpg

PS. This jacket is from fabdog and it has an orane argyle strip down the back. Hunter has lost 3 pounds since we bought it and we really need to find it in a size Small. Fabdog no longer has it on their website. It anyone can find it somewhere else I would greatly appreciate the heads-up! I have googled but everyone's searches are different so I would appreciate all the help I can get!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Good idea Hunter.:thumbsup: You look so handsome in your orange vest. You want to stand out, big time. We have the same thing in VT. We're right at some forestland and there are always hunters. Lots of dogs with bandanas around:)
It still freaks me about a story years ago in Maine where a woman was shot out in her yard doing something like hanging laundry with white mittens on. The hunter shot and killed her saying the mittens looked like a deer's tail.:w00t: Why the H*** would you shoot at something without really looking? I wouldn't be surprised if he was drunk -- and then he tried to blame it on her. It was tragic and I think she was even a mom. Those hunters really frighten me unlike your Hunter.:)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hunter looks sharp in the orange vest!
Erin, you're so thoughtful :) Those big scary hunters better stay away from our handsome Hunter!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Hunter looks adorable, I love his hair cut - he looks great! I love that face, and that pink nose of his.

I deplore this time of year - everytime I hear a gun shot, I hate it even more.

We have posted "No Hunting" - but they will come right to the edge of the property - hunters are a breed of their own.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Erin, Hunter looks so healthy and happy in that picture:wub: you can just see how much that boy is loved:wub:. Hunter littleman I love your new orange vest

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Erin,

I have these two vests - one fits Barron (the larger one) and the other he grew out of very quickly.

My thinking is that, it is a step-in harness - perhaps if you put the harness over the vest - enough of the orange would still show - and it would keep the vest in place.

Just until you find another orange one that fits the little guy. Them you can toss the harness or use it, it's perfectly fine.

I believe in recycling :)

If you want it, I'll pop it in the mail tomorrow.

Allie

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Better yet - I was trying Barron coats on him a few weeks ago(YES, I bought them April, thinking that he'd always be 8 lbs (dummy me) - and BINGO - too small. This red one might fit Hunter! What size does he take?

Allie

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
He just gets cuter and cuter! :wub:

(No safety wardrobe advice from here, sorry. But we do need rain gear. I'll keep my eyes peeled as I shop online. :D )

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Erin,

I have these two vests - one fits Barron (the larger one) and the other he grew out of very quickly.

My thinking is that, it is a step-in harness - perhaps if you put the harness over the vest - enough of the orange would still show - and it would keep the vest in place.

Just until you find another orange one that fits the little guy. Them you can toss the harness or use it, it's perfectly fine.

I believe in recycling :)

If you want it, I'll pop it in the mail tomorrow.

Allie
Better yet - I was trying Barron coats on him a few weeks ago(YES, I bought them April, thinking that he'd always be 8 lbs (dummy me) - and BINGO - too small. This red one might fit Hunter! What size does he take?

Allie
Allie,

You are so sweet! I would typically take you up on the offer but here in Maine you really need to wear nothing but ORANGE to ensure that you are protected. If your animal is not clearly identified in orange and they are injured you have no recourse. I'm thinking I might just cut the coat in 1/2 and sew it back together and put a ribbon over the seam -it doesn't have to be pretty right? Just safe! :w00t:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I love Malts in Orange so not only is Hunter adorable he's looking good in that coat! :wub: I'm glad to know that little guy will be safe! I hate hunting season. :blink:

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Do you think his vest could be altered to fit better? I could do it for you and get it shipped back right away. If you want to take some pictures showing where the vest is too big on Hunter and also of the vest open and laid flat I could tell you if I could do anything to alter it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Hunter looks adorable!!! :wub: Smart thinking Erin. My dad posts "No Hunting" signs on his land, but, some will open gates and hunt anyways. He has livestock on the land, so, it can be deadly for humans and cattle on a busy road when gates are left wide open.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts