Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got home and got Hunter all settled in his bed upstairs with me. He did very well according to the Vet:chili:. The vet removed the 6 teeth that were left between his canines and also removed all their roots. He also found 3 dead roots to teeth that had been lost in the past and removed those as well to aid in preventing bad breath and possible effects on his heart.:thumbsup:

Hunter was a champ says our vet - he did not fight any of the medication or the gas and was under for roughly 35 minutes:innocent:. The vet also decided not to do sutures to allow for drainage and eliminate the possibilty of dry sockets and the chances of infection. He said this would be safer for Hunter's heart.

Hunter had a dose of pain meds before the surgery and in the middle of it so he is pretty tired and out of it. He came to life just enough to bark at the vet when he came out of surgery and when they put him in an xpen so they could talk to us. The moment he was handed to me, he stopped barking & fell asleep (this made the vet tech laugh out loud because she had never seen that happen before).:blush::wub:

He slept the whole way home and is now sleeping soundly. Here are a few pictures of my sleeping surgery survivor! The Pajamas are from go.fetch and the blanket was made by Jeryl as Kruze was Hunter's SS. These are out two favorite comfort items for him - they go everywhere :):wub:

View attachment 85912
View attachment 85913

Hunter can't talk right now but I know that if he could he would be thanking all his aunties for their love and support - and I thank you too :heart:

-----------
Update: See post #33

·
Registered
183 Posts
Awww...he's so adorable in his PJ's! What a trooper. I'm glad to hear he's home safe and sound. :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
ooo he looks so cute in his pjs, im so happy he is home safe n sound !

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Awww ... sweet baby!! :wub: I hope you guys are able to get a good days/nights sleep!!

Big HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Awwwwww.....Hunter looks SOOO sweet in his jammies & warm bed & blanket. He is such a trooper. It sounds like the vet was very thorough in removing all necessary teeth & roots so Hunter will be much better off from now on.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
:heart::heart::heart:Oh Erin, I am just now seeing this...........I am so happy your baby is at home. Look at that little fella, in his cute pj's and blankie. There is nothing like home!!! Sending kisses to him from CeeCee and Rain

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Erin - I was out of town so didn't even know this was going to take place. I am so happy things went so well.:aktion033: Sweet little Hunter looks comfy and cozy in his bed :wub::wub: and once his mouth is feeling fine, I think you need to give him extra treats for being so good.
Tell him I don't blame him for barking at his vet when he woke up. I often treat my dentist that way after getting a crown or root canal (usually when I see the bill). :new_shocked:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Sweet dreams little Hunter and when you wake up, hopefully you'll be feeling a bit more like yourself. Please give him some gentle hugs for me Erin. And didn't that just make you feel so wonderful when Hunter settled in once he was safe in your arms? What a sweet boy.:wub:

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I just got home and got Hunter all settled in his bed upstairs with me. He did very well according to the Vet:chili:. The vet removed the 6 teeth that were left between his canines and also removed all their roots. He also found 3 dead roots to teeth that had been lost in the past and removed those as well to aid in preventing bad breath and possible effects on his heart.:thumbsup:

Hunter was a champ says our vet - he did not fight any of the medication or the gas and was under for roughly 35 minutes:innocent:. The vet also decided not to do sutures to allow for drainage and eliminate the possibilty of dry sockets and the chances of infection. He said this would be safer for Hunter's heart.

Hunter had a dose of pain meds before the surgery and in the middle of it so he is pretty tired and out of it. He came to life just enough to bark at the vet when he came out of surgery and when they put him in an xpen so they could talk to us. The moment he was handed to me, he stopped barking & fell asleep (this made the vet tech laugh out loud because she had never seen that happen before).:blush::wub:

He slept the whole way home and is now sleeping soundly. Here are a few pictures of my sleeping surgery survivor! The Pajamas are from go.fetch and the blanket was made by Jeryl as Kruze was Hunter's SS. These are out two favorite comfort items for him - they go everywhere :):wub:

View attachment 85912
View attachment 85913

Hunter can't talk right now but I know that if he could he would be thanking all his aunties for their love and support - and I thank you too :heart:

Awwww Hunter looks so precious Erin, and so glad he is doing well. So sorry just seeing this. Love and hugs to you both.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Erin, I'm so glad Hunter's home and it went well. He looks adorable in his PJ's. :wub:
Please give him a hug for us and tell him we're thinking about him. Let us know how he's doing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts