Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was watching my Discovery Health last night (am addicted!) and they had a commercial for Animal Planet, called Hurricane Heroes where it is a documentry about the animals being saved from Katrina. Supposed to have original footage and also have something set up to help for donations. Here is a link I found for it, I just thought you guys would be interested.

Here is the link for the story:Hurricane Heroes

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I already have it on my reminder list to watch!

ANimal Cops Houston is on after it! :D

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I just looked on TV Guides website and the show is going to be shown 5 times this weekend (at least in my area).

*TIMES ARE FOR CST!!!!
Friday, 16 8:00 PM
Friday, 16 11:00 PM
Saturday, 17 3:00 AM
Saturday, 17 6:00 PM
Sunday, 18 1:00 AM

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I wonder if they will show the HSUS rescue of over 1000 chickens from a chicken farmer in Mississippi that are now headed for an animal sanctuary? I'm still in shock, after reading this on their site. With all the animals needing care, they go to a chicken farmer who lost a couple of his buildings, and they "rescue" over 1000 of the chickens. In fact, their site says they have rescued over 1900 "other" animals than the cats and dogs rescued. I guess this includes mice, rats, and hamsters, as well as the chickens. It sure helped them get their numbers up.
I just wonder how many cats and dogs could have been saved with the money that will be used to "rescue" these chickens and let them live out their life.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We went to the football game too. -_-
We were home by the 11:00 show....and I started watching it, but fell asleep on the couch.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@Sep 16 2005, 12:30 PM
I wonder if they will show the HSUS rescue of over 1000 chickens from a chicken farmer in Mississippi that are now headed for an animal sanctuary?  I'm still in shock, after reading this on their site.  With all the animals needing care, they go to a chicken farmer who lost a couple of his buildings, and they "rescue" over 1000 of the chickens.  In fact, their site says they have rescued over 1900 "other" animals than the cats and dogs rescued.  I guess this includes mice, rats, and hamsters, as well as the chickens.  It sure helped them get their numbers up.
I just wonder how many cats and dogs could have been saved with the money that will be used to "rescue" these chickens and let them live out their life.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100240
[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that "companion animals" should be the first to be rescused. It also seems like the ASPCA has risen to the top in this disaster as is the group I 've heard the most about doing the most good for pets. I have been a contributor to HSUS, ASPCA and North Shore Animal League but would like to be a bigger supporter with the "best" of them and so far it seems to be ASPCA. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
It seems to me that "companion animals" should be the first to be rescused. It also seems like the ASPCA has risen to the top in this disaster as is the group I 've heard the most about doing the most good for pets. I have been a contributor to HSUS, ASPCA and North Shore Animal League but would like to be a bigger supporter with the "best" of them and so far it seems to be ASPCA. What does everyone else think?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100519
[/QUOTE]

Sometime, your donations can do the most good right in your own town or shelter. I do support the ideas of helping the agencies who do the most to provide direct services to the care of our animals, but do not support those who are more interested in the political agenda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts