Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't believe this...we just went through Katrina (Cat 1) in Miami and now we have another one coming our way. The FL keys are being evacuated and they are saying that Miami has to prepare too since it might come north a but as a Cat 1 or 2. This is obviously not like the Katrina that hit the golf but it still dangerous and scary. I'll keep you all posted on the development....I might have to start putting shutters up today

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I feel for you! We are sure hoping this one won't come our way.....

My advice is to get the heck out if it becomes a hurricane.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Sep 19 2005, 11:00 AM
I feel for you!  We are sure hoping this one won't come our way.....

My advice is to get the heck out if it becomes a hurricane.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100992
[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, the houses here in Miami are built to stand the hurricanes (since we had Andrew in 1992 the codes changed) and we're way above sea level. It's just a very scary situation. I'm putting up my shutter (I live east) and going to my parent's house (west Miami) which it went through Andrew and survived.

Thank you all for your concerns...I hate hurricanes.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
stay safe and keep us updated

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My sister just called.
Her husband's family lives in Galveston, Texas....just blocks from the beach.

She thinks his mom is evacuating, but his dad is being a stubborn butt.
Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well as the rest of his extended family that is there.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Brooks@Sep 20 2005, 09:41 PM
This has been the most annoying hurricane season!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101637
[/QUOTE]

I bet the Florida people thought last year was pretty bad too...
None of them were as bad as Katrina...but Ivan was pretty bad and they got pounded one after another with tropical storms and lesser hurricanes.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm back at work today and thank God the storm stayed south and we just got some wind and rain but nothing bad at all. We had a few tornado warnings but nothing happened. The keys got the worse hit but it wasn't a direct hit. When Katrina hit Miami it was a lot worse than this storm.

I will be praying for the people in the gulf because they will be getting it pretty bad.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
So glad you are safe in Miami.
I will be thinking of all in the Gulf, especially Galvaston and along the cost of Texas where Rita is expected to hit. I see they are now saying it could be a CAT 4 by the time it hits the coastal areas, this is dreadful and I sure hope all in its path take heed and move to safer ground till it has passed.
My thoughts and prayes to all in the area. Take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I am worried about my brother-in-law's family and ask for your continued prayers for the people in Rita's path. Like I said before, they are only blocks from the beach in Galveston. He has several extended family members in the area. They are of limited means and resources and a catastrophe of Katrina's magnitude will put them in much of the same situation as most of Katrina's evacuees.

My sister is in Tulsa, and is waiting to hear if any of them are coming her way. She does not have the room or resources either...so I worry about her and her sanity as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts