Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,668 Posts
My sister just called.
Her husband's family lives in Galveston, Texas....just blocks from the beach.

She thinks his mom is evacuating, but his dad is being a stubborn butt.
Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well as the rest of his extended family that is there.

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Originally posted by Brooks@Sep 20 2005, 09:41 PM
This has been the most annoying hurricane season!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101637
[/QUOTE]

I bet the Florida people thought last year was pretty bad too...
None of them were as bad as Katrina...but Ivan was pretty bad and they got pounded one after another with tropical storms and lesser hurricanes.

· Registered
7,668 Posts
I am worried about my brother-in-law's family and ask for your continued prayers for the people in Rita's path. Like I said before, they are only blocks from the beach in Galveston. He has several extended family members in the area. They are of limited means and resources and a catastrophe of Katrina's magnitude will put them in much of the same situation as most of Katrina's evacuees.

My sister is in Tulsa, and is waiting to hear if any of them are coming her way. She does not have the room or resources either...so I worry about her and her sanity as well.

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Originally posted by HollyHobbie+Sep 21 2005, 04:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Sep 21 2005, 08:55 AM
I am worried about my brother-in-law's family and ask for your continued prayers for the people in Rita's path. Like I said before, they are only blocks from the beach in Galveston. He has several extended family members in the area. They are of limited means and resources and a catastrophe of Katrina's magnitude will put them in much of the same situation as most of Katrina's evacuees.

My sister is in Tulsa, and is waiting to hear if any of them are coming her way. She does not have the room or resources either...so I worry about her and her sanity as well.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101694

Traci I am only six hours north of Houston right inside the Oklahoma line and I would be more than happy to help them out. just let me know. Even if they just need some place to getout of the car and rest a while and have a dinner (not that i will say it will be a good dinner lol) before finishing thier long trip.

just le me know.

holly
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101848
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer!!!

I talked to my sister this afternoon, and his family is going west somewhere in Texas. Del Rio?! Does that sound right? He has cousins or something there.
His dad is being stubborn and trying to get some attention or something. He says he is not going any farther than Bay Town...which my sister says is right on the coast.

I just pray that all of them are safe.

If Katrina taught the country and the leaders anything...it is to be prepared. It is doubtful that another hurricane will cause the disorder/confusion etc. that was experienced in Katrina's aftermath. Cities have buses ready, water, food, etc...all on hand and ready to go. Florida had 8000 guard people ready yesterday if they got hit hard. We will never be unprepared again. They will err on the side of caution if anything.

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Sep 21 2005, 07:34 PM
Traci Galveston had buses to take out people to different shelters North of Houston : Huntsville, Lufkin, Brian College Station, Brenham. If they are going to Del Rio they should be fine. But Baytown ? No way. And if I am not mistaken Baytown had mendatory evacuation too.

What's the name of the young girl that has Riley ? I think she lives in Pasadena. Not a good area to be in also. I hope they evacuated.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101907
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think her father in law is ignoring the mandatory evacuation.
He said he may try to get out later in the week or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.