Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't believe this...we just went through Katrina (Cat 1) in Miami and now we have another one coming our way. The FL keys are being evacuated and they are saying that Miami has to prepare too since it might come north a but as a Cat 1 or 2. This is obviously not like the Katrina that hit the golf but it still dangerous and scary. I'll keep you all posted on the development....I might have to start putting shutters up today

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Sep 19 2005, 11:00 AM
I feel for you!  We are sure hoping this one won't come our way.....

My advice is to get the heck out if it becomes a hurricane.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100992
[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, the houses here in Miami are built to stand the hurricanes (since we had Andrew in 1992 the codes changed) and we're way above sea level. It's just a very scary situation. I'm putting up my shutter (I live east) and going to my parent's house (west Miami) which it went through Andrew and survived.

Thank you all for your concerns...I hate hurricanes.

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I'm back at work today and thank God the storm stayed south and we just got some wind and rain but nothing bad at all. We had a few tornado warnings but nothing happened. The keys got the worse hit but it wasn't a direct hit. When Katrina hit Miami it was a lot worse than this storm.

I will be praying for the people in the gulf because they will be getting it pretty bad.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This hurricane season seems a lot worse than last. We in Florida got it bad last year but for some reason it seems that the gulf is getting it worse than what we got last year. I'm lucky that Miami has been ok ... last year and this year too.

It seems that every year we get more hurricanes and stronger ones too. This is just crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.