Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Momo is now close to 3 months old (5 day countdown). His daily schedule consists of:

- 6am: waking up; meal; play time
poo poo and pee pee
- 7am: leave for work
- 8:30am: arrive at work and starts to sleep
- 4-5pm: eat meal; potty; play minimally on my desk, then goes back to sleep
- 6pm: leaves work
- 7:30pm: arrives home; eat; hyper hyper hyper. non-stop running around the house. doesn't come when being called. poops and pees over the house
11-12pm(am): sleeps (wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes)

Before I brought Momo to work, he was pretty good at being potty trained. Well, except he doesn't know where to poop. He was a bit hyper at times, but I would just give him big hugs and that would usually calm him down at night. He would used to play with stuffed animals... I'd throw it, and he'd bring it back to his den area.

Now however, after I've brought him to work, he is MUCH TOO hyper when he comes home. He ignores me and just zooms around the house at racing fast speeds. I figure this is the from immense amount of time he spends sleeping (which I think for the whole day, he does about 14 hours?)

As well, yesterday when I tried to clean his ears using solution, he struggled for eons time. Eventually, I just forced some liquids down his ear canal. Although I've noticed after cleaning it, his ears seem to itch more often.

Is this behavior normal? What should I do if not? I'm really worried about him...

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Momo is now close to 3 months old (5 day countdown). His daily schedule consists of:

- 6am: waking up; meal; play time
poo poo and pee pee
- 7am: leave for work
- 8:30am: arrive at work and starts to sleep
- 4-5pm: eat meal; potty; play minimally on my desk, then goes back to sleep
- 6pm: leaves work
- 7:30pm: arrives home; eat; hyper hyper hyper. non-stop running around the house. doesn't come when being called. poops and pees over the house
11-12pm(am): sleeps (wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes)

Before I brought Momo to work, he was pretty good at being potty trained. Well, except he doesn't know where to poop. He was a bit hyper at times, but I would just give him big hugs and that would usually calm him down at night. He would used to play with stuffed animals... I'd throw it, and he'd bring it back to his den area.

Now however, after I've brought him to work, he is MUCH TOO hyper when he comes home. He ignores me and just zooms around the house at racing fast speeds. I figure this is the from immense amount of time he spends sleeping (which I think for the whole day, he does about 14 hours?)

As well, yesterday when I tried to clean his ears using solution, he struggled for eons time. Eventually, I just forced some liquids down his ear canal. Although I've noticed after cleaning it, his ears seem to itch more often.

Is this behavior normal? What should I do if not? I'm really worried about him...
Three months old is when we here in the US is the earliest time we get our fluffs from a breeder - some keep them for another 4 weeks. So he's still very much a baby. He will sleep a lot at this age, no matter where is. His going potty all over your home is b/c he's not trained, and you have given him free rein. When you are home give him a small area to be in. Take him out to potty when you arrive home, have a definite time every evening for training/play. This will tire him out. Offer potty breaks about every 2 hours, making sure you give him "last call" before you go to bed. As his potty habits improve give him more space. Every time he potties in the right place give him tons of praise, and a tidbit treat. Don't forget the treat, it works wonders! :thumbsup:

The ears...take a cotton ball and divide into 4 pieces. Put a piece into his ear and swab out that excess cleaner. His "itching" is b/c he's trying to get it out. It's like having water in your ear. :(

Above all remember he's a baby. It takes time and a ton of patience to turn that little fluffy ball of energy, into a beautiful, calm, loving adult.

I probably forgot a few things, but someone here will fill in what it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts