Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but isn't it hypocritical to be so upset about the dog & cat skinning in China, then talk about buying a Juicy bag made of leather?

Brenda "I've been an animal lover all my life & a vegetarian since I was 9"

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that is exactly why cynthia (my sister) thinks we should become vegetarians. she's like "what makes cows so different from dogs".

anyway, i just wanted to say that i understood your post. but i definitely dont buy leather anything.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I don't think the juicy bags are made of leather. And when did we talk about dog and cat skinning in China? Either way, we are all dog lovers here so I don't think that anybody here would support dog/cat skinning. We all have our own opinions and views and no one should be criticized for the choices they make.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't think the juicy bags are made of leather. And when did we talk about dog and cat skinning in China? Either way, we are all dog lovers here so I don't think that anybody here would support dog/cat skinning. We all have our own opinions and views and no one should be criticized for the choices they make.[/B]
I could not agree more. Why in the world would someone start a thread for the sole purpose of calling their fellow SM members a bunch of hypocrites? I'm not offended...if my owning a juicy bag and being concerned about dogs being skinned in China makes me a hypocrite...then so be it. I'm sure I've been called worse by better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think the juicy bags are made of leather. And when did we talk about dog and cat skinning in China? Either way, we are all dog lovers here so I don't think that anybody here would support dog/cat skinning. We all have our own opinions and views and no one should be criticized for the choices they make.[/B]
I could not agree more. Why in the world would someone start a thread for the sole purpose of calling their fellow SM members a bunch of hypocrites? I'm not offended...if my owning a juicy bag and being concerned about dogs being skinned in China makes me a hypocrite...then so be it. I'm sure I've been called worse by better.

[/B]
The Juicy bags are made of leather. They are also imported. There was a post with a website with Paul Macartney on it about what they do to dogs & cats in China. I wasn't "critizing" anyone. The thread wasn't started to call ANYONE on here hypocrits. I just found it a little ironic & hypocritical that we can be so apalled about what they do to animals in other countries, yet support the torture of other animals in our OWN country just for the fur & meat & leather. It's just my opinion & I couldn't believe it when I seen the post about China, then the post for the $295 purses made with leather. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. (Has anyone seen what they do to seals in Canada just for their fur? They club them with a stick with a hook in the end & skin them before they are dead. Leave their skinless bodies laying right there on the ice. Those little babies look like OUR babies!!)
Brenda

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It's very difficult to get away from leather. Most of my shoes are made of leather too and I also eat meat. I don't condon and think that the skinning in China and other parts of the world is right .. but how do you get around it. Do we all not eat meat or avoid leather goods.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I COMPLETELY agree! I had the hardest time finding bag for Little C that didn't have any leather on it. I bought what I THOUGHT I wanted.....it didn't have leather, but I was very disappointed that it was entirely plastic. Not something I consider to be healthy for a precious, furry piece of my heart.

I'm a vegan, and my dogs are as well. None of us have anything to do with any kind of dead animal part. It horrifies me to think about people using collars, leashes, harnesses, etc. made of dead animal skin on their dogs. *shudder*

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
So....just so I understand what you are saying I luv my puppies...... your stand is that in order to be an animal lover and "mean it" you must eat no animal products, wear no animal products, use no animal products and participate in or be involved in no activity/emplyment which is in anyway connected to or endorses the sale use or consumption of animal products (stores that sell, resturaunts the serve, offices that allow workers to wear)? Just want to make sure I hear what you are saying................

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
The difference between those animals is that cats & dogs are domestic pets, cows are cattle and are raised for utilization. I am not a vegetarian or vegan I am a small town, rural farm girl. However I do LOVE and RESPECT my PETS.
This thread is ridiculous.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I started the thread because I didn't know if I should include my reply under this thread:" BBC on China dog/cat pelt trade, warning - this will sicken you" or the Juicy bag thread. I stated in the first sentence that I was sorry if I offended anyone. (Although, MAYBE there are people on here that were offended by the China post in the first place?) As for being an animal lover & "meaning it", now that you pointed that out to me, yes, I guess you can't REALLY love animals if you are going to eat, wear, use them etc. I assumed when I started this thread that I would upset people, but to call it "Ridiculous"? (Maybe I posted on the wrong Maltese website.) Dogs & cats aren't the only animals domesticated. Here is a website with a list of domesticated animals:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_animal
Brenda

·
Registered
240 Posts
I started the thread because I didn't know if I should include my reply under this thread:" BBC on China dog/cat pelt trade, warning - this will sicken you" or the Juicy bag thread. I stated in the first sentence that I was sorry if I offended anyone. (Although, MAYBE there are people on here that were offended by the China post in the first place?) As for being an animal lover & "meaning it", now that you pointed that out to me, yes, I guess you can't REALLY love animals if you are going to eat, wear, use them etc. I assumed when I started this thread that I would upset people, but to call it "Ridiculous"? (Maybe I posted on the wrong Maltese website.) Dogs & cats aren't the only animals domesticated. Here is a website with a list of domesticated animals:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_animal
Brenda[/B]
No...it's pretty obvious to me that this was nothing but a lame attempt to spark dissention between our members. And...if you think that you can come on this site and post a controversial topic like this expecting all heck to break loose on here...then you are sadly mistaken.

I could care less whether you eat meat or not, whether you wear animal fur or not...that is your choice and it is not my place to impose my beliefs and values on you. Why do you feel you have the right to come on here and call members hypocrites because they do not conform to yours?

Do us all a favor and get off the soapbox.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
No...it's pretty obvious to me that this was nothing but a lame attempt to spark dissention between our members. And...if you think that you can come on this site and post a controversial topic like this expecting all heck to break loose on here...then you are sadly mistaken.

I could care less whether you eat meat or not, whether you wear animal fur or not...that is your choice and it is not my place to impose my beliefs and values on you. Why do you feel you have the right to come on here and call members hypocrites because they do not conform to yours?

Do us all a favor and get off the soapbox.[/B]
No need for me to post... you said what I was thinking ... and better than I could have said it.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

Very well said.

I've been thinking though, the only thing that does concern me is if a vegan diet is good for a dog? They are not, by nature, vegans but carnivores. I wonder if that is really healthy for a canine? The proper proteins, amino acids, etc. We all have read posts on dogfoods that start out as corn/grain as their first ingredient and are pretty much agreed that is not a good thing. Hmmmmm.[/B]
I agree.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Very well said.

I've been thinking though, the only thing that does concern me is if a vegan diet is good for a dog? They are not, by nature, vegans but carnivores. I wonder if that is really healthy for a canine? The proper proteins, amino acids, etc. We all have read posts on dogfoods that start out as corn/grain as their first ingredient and are pretty much agreed that is not a good thing. Hmmmmm.[/B]
I agree.

[/B]
Ditto!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
did everyone get together at Hardee's for biscuits and coffee and discuss making me
?

again, this subject i believe is a bit volatile and really was brought up knowing it would cause a rukus, is that how you speel it or is it roukus, rockus, rickous, whatever

and as i am in the position to get the last word in, hehehe, before i close a thread i will cast upon everyone my infinite wisdom, do i think there is a difference between skinning domesticated animals and leather from a cow who is raised to die, yes, do i know other countries are not america and have different ways and customs that i dont agree with, yes, do i start controversial subjects on a dog forum for the heck of it, no, there is a place for everything

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.